mu or a suzuki ???

4x4man
Hard Yaka

mu or a suzuki ???

Postby 4x4man » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:56 am

hello

just needing help
what is a better 4wd an isuzu mu or a suzuki ???

cheers

Ashohman
Hard Yaka

Re: mu or a suzuki ???

Postby Ashohman » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:59 am

A toyota hilux! :lol:

BlakeNZ
Hard Yaka

Postby BlakeNZ » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:45 pm

Dude, you need to give more reference to your question. what is your intended use? How much do you have for modifications, if any?
Whilst the Mu is at the smaller end of the scale of 4wds, by being a SWB 2 door machine, it is quite a bit heavier and bigger than a suzuki.
Also, the 2.8 litre diesel enjoys a pretty good reputation. The 3.1 not so much, however there are plenty of them out there, and some are giving good service for their owners.
You also need to define "a Suzuki", as a jimny or a 410/413 are slightly different beasts to the Vitara/Escudo. I'm not a fan of the 2 litre v6 motors(they run like a bucket of bolts) but even the venerable 1600cc 4 cylinder has been known to crack more than its share of heads(possibly due to lack of maintenance of cooling sytem?)
But basically, give people more frame work to base their answers on, and you will get sound advice.

4x4man
Hard Yaka

Postby 4x4man » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:37 pm

i am just wanting a ute that is able for not to serious offroad but something i can got out for the day with my mates, and have fun :). also wouldnt want to spend much on upgrades maby just bigger tyres and a bulbar.

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Postby Mattman » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:09 pm

Either are pretty capable stock. The mu is slightly larger and maybe more powerful.

Plenty of spares and mods for both.

snotgoblin
Hard Yaka

Postby snotgoblin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:47 pm

I used to a Suzuki SJ413 soft top. It was the big block, 1324cc of pure power. But when the whole truck weighed in at under 1100kg you didn't need much power.

I had a whole heap of fun in it, although found that I spent much of my day in either one rut or the other on the track, occasionally straddling the crown for a brief glorious moment of level bliss... That got tiring at times.

They have a rep as a giant killer at times, and there were certainly obstacles and things I had no problems with as I could bounce my way across the top.

The weakness was sand, it sucks the power and with not a lot of torque you needed to get a bit if pace up and let it float a bit. Not always easy or safe, depending where you are.

Mine was leaf sprung, so ride was firm... Hope this might help?

Return to “Isuzu”