98 Bighorn 4JG2-TD ECU problem...

cong99

98 Bighorn 4JG2-TD ECU problem...

Postby cong99 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi,

My Bighorn started to act up about a month ago - when I put the ignition switch to "on" the Glow and Check Engine lights don't come on (they used to). Attempting to start the engine in this condition results in the engine picking up (i.e. running) and immediately shutting off the moment you let go of the starter switch.

I thought this may simply be a bad ignition switch, however all other lights, accessories etc seem to be powered correctly, and I recently discovered that if you leave the ignition switch in the ON position "long enough", the Glow and Check Engine lights will come on "eventually" - when this happens, the engine starts and runs immediately (and runs OK the rest of the time).

How long one has to wait changes - first thing in the morning, takes a long time (around 2 minutes); if the car's been used then this can be 30 seconds, of if one is lucky this can be almost immediate.

Leads me to think it may be the ECU, or it's the ECU waiting for some input signal. Does anyone have the wiring diagram to the ECU? This is a Zexel COVEC-F injection system.

Help!

Regards

Return to “Isuzu”