Yes another tyre question please help

Moderators: Steve_t647, Tech Authors

Weeds
Hard Yaka

Yes another tyre question please help

Postby Weeds » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Ok I had my heart set of 36x12.5x15 simex ets for my cruzier only to find the importer is currently out. I have read page aftEr page of simex vs silverstones vs maxxis creepy crawlys on here but what is your take on the situation what are you running I have a v8 so spinning tyres is not to much of a problem. From what I have been reading the maxxis tyreS are a bit smaller then what thay state so would I need to look at 37s. I have a landcruiser 70 2inch lift and 2inch body lift 35s fit well 37s may bE to big ? Most of my 4wding will be round Wellington. Any thing eLEs I should be looking at ?

shortylux
Hard Yaka

Re: Yes another tyre question please help

Postby shortylux » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:32 am

My 2 cents.

From what I have read/heard the Creepy's have a stupid solid carcass and dont bag on lighter trucks. Not sure if your 70 would be heavy enough to make them work.
The Maxxis Treps (in 37") seem to be a better bet. They do them in a 35" as well but I believe that is only radial, no bias ply in that size.

If you are happy with something as closed up as a creepy or tripple block Simex then maybe even the new Mickey's might be worth a look? MTZ something or others.

Personally have only owned 35 11.5 simex and love em. Dont think I would go to tripple blocks as they just dont seem to clear as well. Unless you are going for less muddy terrain or more road k's.

I will one day get some 35" radial Treps for road/off road race tyres. Keep my Simex for winch challenge.

4WDbits
Hard Yaka

Postby 4WDbits » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:47 am

We used 36 inch Image IROKs at the 2011 Superwinch Tuff Truck, they were pretty much equivalent to Simex and Silverstone, sometimes better, sometimes worse. We use them for off road racing, they are radials, handle nicely and have good traction. Haven't done many on tarmac kms.

Weeds
Hard Yaka

Postby Weeds » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Thanks guys not worried about road ks its not a daily driver just don't want to spend a couplE of k on some thing that's doesn't clear or bite wheN you most need it to.

Return to “Tech Section/Library”