Alarm systems??

slide
Hard Yaka

Alarm systems??

Postby slide » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:47 am

After having my wifes car attempted break in last night (thankfully its alarmed, which woke us and our neighbours who promptly yelled at them and sent them running), I now am paranoid and want an alarm for my terrano.

Unfortunately alarm will only keep away the casual type thief (we were lucky this time), if they want it bad enough they'll find a way to take it.

Our cefiro (now minus 1x window) has a dynatron alarm/immobiliser which in my opinion is great, (easy remote, never had any issues with false alarms or self locking itself) but has anyone else had good or bad runs with different brand alarms?

What are peoples thoughts on different alarm brands/ types?
Cheers,
Nath

Jerry
Yes Dear

Re: Alarm systems??

Postby Jerry » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:36 am

have a look at

http://www.vehiclesecurity.co.nz/

theres some good reviews and info there

A lot of 5 star alarms are badly installed, some gps tracker systems will ring you when your alarm triggers.
70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

slide
Hard Yaka

Postby slide » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Wow :!: That website open my eyes in regard to alarm/ immobiliser systems!
Thanks heaps for the link, Jerry :)
I gotta recommend it (website) to anyone else with, or thinking of getting one

boon
Bush Crasher

Postby boon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:40 am

A good alarm is 95% install, 5% alarm.

No point having a top-of-the-line alarm when the brain is up in the kick panel and takes 3 seconds to get at. The longer it takes to install, the harder it'll be to bypass.

If it's a high-risk vehicle, you'll want to get creative with the immobilisation circuits. Thieves know about the starter-fuel-ign cuts and know ways around them. But good luck starting it when you've put a really well-hidden relay on some sensor so it'll never spark.

All that said, I'm not a huge fan of '5 star' alarms that take 3 seconds to break into with a flathead screwdriver so the immobilisation points are just waiting for you to bridge.

Return to “Stolen / Lost and Found”