Inept Vtnz staff.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Inept Vtnz staff.

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:25 pm

Sonas some of you may know that my Nissan mistral was written off and parted out earlier this year and was replaced with a pajero.

So I brought said pajero and went to vtnz to swap my p-plates from the Nissan to the Mitsubishi.

All went fine, paid the man his money he printed of the new label for the pajero with the p plate rego on it and took the government issued plates i brought it with. Got a WOF and all was dandy or so I thought. I went to buy some more rego for it yesterday and the lady at the counter says she can't process it because the WOF is expired.....and as you can imagine the reply came swiftly and sharply to the ears of many in the vicinity

...."like #### it is!!!"

She proceeded to turn the screen so I could look and lowen behold FOUR months after they still hadn't updated the details as the p-plates are still assigned to the mistral.ffs

So I thought right O ...I gave her the pajeros old plate number that I brought it with and it came back as not registered to any vehicle.!!!

More swear words later ( not her fault) I said who do I ring. She gives me a number in wellington that only gets answered 9-5 weekdays....####'n great

For the last four months I've been driving a vehicle around that isn't in the system anymore and has technically got plates on it from a truck that was written off a year ago.

Tomorrow is D-day for the pour barstard that answeres the phone at the LTNZ in the morning.

Will keep y'all posted.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

mudsurfv6
Hard Yaka

Re: Inept Vtnz staff.

Postby mudsurfv6 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:09 pm

give it to em! :twisted:
1996 vzn185 surf, TRD supercharger, SAS, 35s, 4" lift, 2 lockers, ute chopped + more happening. Andrew 0272226292.

Crawlerer79
Hard Yaka

Postby Crawlerer79 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:58 pm

Crash bandicoot wrote:Will keep y'all posted.

I look forwards to hearing more.... hope you get it all sorted
'The Big Truck' - 2001 TD5 Disco II
'Lando' - 1994 V8 Disco
'The Caramel Trophy Truck" - 1990 Disco Ex-Camel Trophy (?)

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:44 pm

ok.

So after 2 hours playing the telecomunications version of pinball and having to sound like a broken record half a dozen times and a trip into town it is finally sorted.

vtnz levin had but the mistral on hold not dereged.

then had to take pajero to VTNZ up here

ended up having to deregister the mistral "again" to free up the personalised plates....that was the easy bit....and when they asked for there $9.10 fee for dereging it i replied how bout a civil law suit and some free advertising on fairgo for putting my driving record and insurance policy at risk in the event i had an accident between 1st of august and now?....

then so once the manager had seen my point of view they(as an nzta agent) had to also view the plates on behalf of the nzta in wellington to confirm the vin number on the pajero to identify it as we then discovered searching the database with the vin found that the vtnz in levin had entered 1's instead of I's on the database since the previous government assigned details with the original plates had been deleted from there system by vtnz levin.

now that the nzta knew what vehicle they were dealing with I had to get them to remove the assignment of 1buds1 plates from my pajero and re assign IbudsI to it.

then to top it off they wouldnt reemburse the rego paid on the misspelt plate details so had to back pay the rego for IbudsI to begining of august when vtnz levin made the fuckup.

but on the up side it was 9000 kms over on the rucs when it was wrecked but the lady at vtnz put on the MR15 form the ruc reading at the last wof on there system so will be getting a refund 8) ...i wasnt going to correct her. :wink:

should cover the double registration i had to pay for.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

catalystracing
Hard Yaka

Postby catalystracing » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:17 pm

What a drama, but still at least its sorted. Well done on diplomacy, Im sure you reined yourself in at the appropriate times. :wink:

Cameron
Hard Yaka

Postby Cameron » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:52 pm

that's pretty bloody unreal!
the fact you had to present your vehicle to get the vin inspected etc too.... I recently re-registered two dereg scooters and they weren't interested in doing the required frame serial# verification (just took the stuff i wrote on the forms as gospel)
even when I asked if they wanted to do it (both times they were simply parked outside the door) they weren't bothered. so weird the inconsistencies of the bastards

Return to “Product Reviews / 4wd Service”