chev petrol into nissan safari y60

pchatz
Driver/Navigator

chev petrol into nissan safari y60

Postby pchatz » Wed May 16, 2012 12:35 am

anyone know of someone who specializes in fitting chev into nissan safari anywhere near auckland?I cooked my TD 42 non turbo , and am thinking seriously about converting to chev. Anyone been down that road ? would appreciate any info.
cheers, paul

badnuz
Hard Yaka

Re: chev petrol into nissan safari y60

Postby badnuz » Wed May 16, 2012 6:31 am

auckland 4x4 wired that Pootrol with a viper motor, they will prob know who installed it... 09 2984910
i used to Cruise, now i PATROL

Jay
Hard Yaka

Postby Jay » Wed May 16, 2012 6:51 am

Hey Paul...

I've done it - put a 350, TBI chev from a 91 corvette into my short wheel base Y60....Best upgrade ever :D Took me about 6 weeks after work and in the weekends by myself - and a mate who's an auto sparky came down from whangarei and wired it up in a weekend.

Certainly transformed the sluggish old non turbo into a weapon!

If you can do a lot (most) of the work yourself, it will certainly keep the price down.... from memory I didn't get much change out of around 5 - 6k. Would have been at least double that to pay someone else to do it.

Sadly had to sell it recently - as needed something bigger.... now im thinking lexus into my 80 series lol.... and it starts all over again........!

Cheers and good luck,

Jay

crazyclark31
Hard Yaka

Postby crazyclark31 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:11 am

Jay wrote:Hey Paul...

I've done it - put a 350, TBI chev from a 91 corvette into my short wheel base Y60....Best upgrade ever :D Took me about 6 weeks after work and in the weekends by myself - and a mate who's an auto sparky came down from whangarei and wired it up in a weekend.

Certainly transformed the sluggish old non turbo into a weapon!

If you can do a lot (most) of the work yourself, it will certainly keep the price down.... from memory I didn't get much change out of around 5 - 6k. Would have been at least double that to pay someone else to do it.

Sadly had to sell it recently - as needed something bigger.... now im thinking lexus into my 80 series lol.... and it starts all over again........!

Cheers and good luck,

Jay

fyi a lexus is a bit small for an 80.do the pump mods and intercool it and you'll have all power you need.

Jay
Hard Yaka

Postby Jay » Wed May 16, 2012 7:26 am

[/quote]
fyi a lexus is a bit small for an 80.do the pump mods and intercool it and you'll have all power you need.[/quote]

Hey ya,

Yeah - that was my thoughts too actually.... With minor adjustments the 1hd-t can really come alive! And will probably go down that road.........I just miss the sound of 8 cylinders on my way to work in the morning :D haha - maybe one day I will save enough money to put an LS2 in it :twisted:

Jay

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Postby mudlva » Wed May 16, 2012 8:22 am

Jay wrote:

Yeah - that was my thoughts too actually.... With minor adjustments the 1hd-t can really come alive! And will probably go down that road.........I just miss the sound of 8 cylinders on my way to work in the morning :D haha - maybe one day I will save enough money to put an LS2 in it :twisted:

Jay[/quote]

NOW YOU ARE SINGING THE RIGHT TUNE :twisted:

Jay
Hard Yaka

Postby Jay » Wed May 16, 2012 8:25 am

:D - one day............... :twisted:

Ralfie
Hard Yaka

Postby Ralfie » Wed May 16, 2012 9:24 am

pchatz wrote:anyone know of someone who specializes in fitting chev into nissan safari anywhere near auckland?I cooked my TD 42 non turbo , and am thinking seriously about converting to chev. Anyone been down that road ? would appreciate any info.
cheers, paul

4WD Services at 127 Target Road, Glenfield Phone 444-6676 have done a few engine conversions over the years so worth speaking to them.

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Postby mudlva » Wed May 16, 2012 10:44 am

motortech hillside rd glenfield are well worth the visit and are very professional

another option is JC auto services in Papakura he is a 4x4 nut and has done many conversations mainly on LCs but knows the Nissan's very well as well

mayday
Hard Yaka

Postby mayday » Wed May 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Try Rodney Autocentre 094265016 they are about to do a chev into a gq at the moment

Hard Yaka

Postby 007 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:57 pm

Dont know if this helps, but a while ago I read of a patrol build that used the ford falcon 4.2. the turbo falcon puts out around 270kw, non turbo (exactly same engine) 190kw, in stock form. The engine are commonly used in stock cars and reasonably bullet prof.

But then again v8's sound the bomb.
Latest mod, pin stripes, hit the same branch I did on the way in on the way out.

ford ranger wildtract and sj.

Return to “Tool Shed”