Electric aerial

rayndeb
Hard Yaka

Electric aerial

Postby rayndeb » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:30 pm

I just put a ln130 aerial in the lux how to wire it up. I put it on my drill bat and the 2 wires coming from motor 1 needs to be pos for up and the other neg for up. Reverse for down .How the hell do i do it off a momentary switch.
Cheers Ray
90 Landcruiser Vx 4.2 turbo 5 speed part time 4wd 75mm lift air lock in rear 35 Wranglers snorkel swaybar disconnects

kbjj
Sausage Shack

Re: Electric aerial

Postby kbjj » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Similar set up as Electric Lockers. Do a search on here, I've seen a drawing somewhere. 2 relays and a 3 position, spring return switch be the go. I'll do a drawing for ya if you have no joy
If you break it... build it stronger.

vvilly
Hard Yaka

Postby vvilly » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:50 pm

kbjj wrote:Similar set up as Electric Lockers. Do a search on here, I've seen a drawing somewhere. 2 relays and a 3 position, spring return switch be the go. I'll do a drawing for ya if you have no joy

is that the one i posted
LIFT YOUR TRUCK FAT CHICKS CANT JUMP

kbjj
Sausage Shack

Postby kbjj » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:01 pm

Can't remember.
If you break it... build it stronger.

skidmark
Hard Yaka

Postby skidmark » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:41 pm

you could do it with a mometary double pole double throw switch ( 6 terminals) or with two change over relays.. I drew a picture on paint for you..be warned its not quality.

thats for a dpdt switch.. most should be rated high enough to drive a elec aerial.. with two change over relays each motor wire will go to 87a on each relay both 30 terminals are earthed. 87 both go to positve.. 85 and 86 are your switching teerminals..operate one relay to go up.then operate the other to go down.

hope this helps
modified surf, hardly drive it seem to keep modifying it....

Return to “Tool Shed”