Rear mount rad fans

Batfastard
Dr. Love Glove

Rear mount rad fans

Postby Batfastard » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:52 pm

Is one big fan better than two smaller fans . I have a twin fan set up at tge mo but want the upgrade .

ChurchurDan
Hard Yaka

Re: Rear mount rad fans

Postby ChurchurDan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Which ever covers the most area and moves the most air. Unless your radiator is square 2 fans will most likely cover it better either way it will work better if will shrouded.

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Postby mudlva » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:50 pm

must have a shroud..
do the dropped paper test
set fan one up with it running full and drop a sheet of paper down it front of the rad, keep moving the paper away until the draw no longer pulls on the paper then repeat on the second set up.
if concerned about the width repeat test on the outer edges of the rad as well. you will be able to see if there's any major difference or not

darinz
Hard Yaka

Postby darinz » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:51 am

Just going through with my truck. More of an issue (assuming you're doing the 1000 again) is airflow to the rad. I think I'll have to bring scoop to above windscreen on mine and you'll probably be the same.
Nissan Terrano coilovers, turboed VH45, Safari axles, and some other stuff.

Batfastard
Dr. Love Glove

Postby Batfastard » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:00 pm

Nah mate im mint at high speed ,cool as a t1000 . I find that warm day and lowbox im on the boader line .

niblik
Sausage Shack

Postby niblik » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:26 am

Batfastard wrote:Nah mate im mint at high speed ,cool as a t1000 . I find that warm day and lowbox im on the boader line .

warm day = delta T is shite, meaning not enough available cool air onto your radiator. lowbox = lack of airflow over said radiator compounding matters.. long story short, a better shrouded fan and the radiator moved away from the body a bit with some effective ducting would be for the win..
ImageImage

Return to “Tool Shed”