WAS fume'ing (now more of a flaming thread...)

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Re: fume'ing

Postby Sadam_Husain » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:25 pm

wopass wrote:oohh geee thanks bacon, that gives me warm fuzzies :roll:

did you have your wanger in hand when you typed that? :lol:

again.

you did it wrong.

at the end of the day thats what it comes down to, there are people that can and do, then theres people like you that criticise and argue and try to put a downer on everything. actualy im pretty fed up with trying to keep up with your arguments.

you know why?

because

it

f#cking

WORKS!!!!!

as elmer fudd says...

eeah badeeaa badeeaa thats all folks :wink:

now im going to totaly ignore this argue with bacon thread as it has been said by a few people, its a waste of bandwidth :roll:

x2
we know it works, end of arguement

start another thread to argue the other shit
:roll: :roll:

J_Dub
Hard Yaka

Postby J_Dub » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:26 pm

i think our membership cost of $22.50 just doubled
this thread has used up all the available Megabytes :lol:

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:28 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

KiwiBacon
Hard Yaka

Postby KiwiBacon » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:06 pm

wopass wrote:oohh geee thanks bacon, that gives me warm fuzzies :roll:

did you have your wanger in hand when you typed that? :lol:

again.

you did it wrong.

at the end of the day thats what it comes down to, there are people that can and do, then theres people like you that criticise and argue and try to put a downer on everything. actualy im pretty fed up with trying to keep up with your arguments.

you know why?

because

it

f#cking

WORKS!!!!!

as elmer fudd says...

eeah badeeaa badeeaa thats all folks :wink:

now im going to totaly ignore this argue with bacon thread as it has been said by a few people, its a waste of bandwidth :roll:

No-one has ever said it doesn't work.
I said it goes bang and it's very hard on the engine for the power it gives.

Something that despite 21 pages of name-calling you three have been unable to get your head around.

You three said it couldn't go bang, so I posted a video of it going bang.
Then you said I had too much gas and I should use less than 1.5%. So I measured the gas flow and it was less than 1/3 of that.
Then one of you finds a "really clever diesel guy" who thinks my engine is only drawing 6 litres/min. The only calculation is entered at this point using a number that's out by a factor of 170.
Then you go to a ficticious place called hamilton uni and find a 5 litre/min gas meter that doesn't flow gas with 0.5psi of back pressure.

Now you're saying I'm wrong because it does exactly what I said it does in the first place.

Sorry boys, it's well over your heads and always will be. Have fun with the high-fives.

Steve_t647
Hard Yaka

Postby Steve_t647 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:23 pm

6 litres a minute of fuel? :?:

remember you are adding fuel :shock:
it should be 8% of the fuel as LPG

were you replacing 8% of the air intake with fuel?
Legal disclaimer: Any information I may have provided is worth exactly what you paid me for it.

flyingbrick
Hard Yaka

Postby flyingbrick » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:31 pm

KiwiBacon wrote:
You claim to tune cars (and be good at it) yet you don't even know how much air an engine ingests.

I'm off to do some work, I'll be back much later on.

I've seen a few of waynes vehicles over the years and a few of his tunes.... Its pretty safe to say he knows what he is doing :lol: ....regardless of how much air is ingested into whatever engine.
I have seen him achieve in one or two weekends what takes some people months (1uz into his previous truck jumps to mind.. this included custom bellhousing/engine mounts/etc etc etc and was very impressive from many aspects) and i have ridden in atleast 3 vehicles in 2 years which were built/tuned by wayne and which were quite fast (his current truck is stupidly fast and his 400hp Aw11 was just rediculious)
Its actually a shame you do not know more about him- you'd feel quite stupid having made the comments that you have.

I personally have a whole lot more respect for people who go out and do stuff and more importantly people who go out and do stuff and who are successful (like all the people here who have been using lpg for long periods of time).

With regards to you getting back to work.............Sounds like you must be flat out- what with all the time you are able to spend on the WWW.

Perhaps you could submit your life to that NZpolice add on tv.. i can see it now.

you walk in the front door
Hunnnyyyyy. im hooome.

your bf walks up and gives you a hug
aw baby how was your day at work?

you get all starey eyed..(mostly because you are hugging a bloke)
oh it was pretty quiet I WAS ON THE INTERNET MOST OF THE DAY TRYING TO PROVE TO ALL OF OFF-ROAD-EXPRESS THAT LPG INJECTION IS BAD AND THAT IM NOT A TOTAL F-WIT

and then your bf is like
:|

and its like

get some better work stories.
phone Ross Bolus (secretary of the BOP club) He'll save you.

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:40 pm

GOLD

THAT IS FUKN GOLD MATE

I'M STILL WIPING THE TEARS FROM MY EYES

HAVENT LAFFED SO HARD IN AGES

YOU ROCK DUDE

ImageImageImageImage
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

mudzilla
Hard Yaka

Postby mudzilla » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:53 pm

Steve_t647 wrote:6 litres a minute of fuel? :?:

remember you are adding fuel :shock:
it should be 8% of the fuel as LPG

were you replacing 8% of the air intake with fuel?

Been trying to tell em that for ten pages .... :?
36" Simex's is as close as I get to gardening

01' GMC Duramax 6.6 Turbo V8 Diesel ,,, 95' HiLux Winch truck ..

smurf182
Hard Yaka

Postby smurf182 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:14 pm

flyingbrick wrote:your bf walks up and gives you a hug

oh it was pretty quiet I WAS ON THE INTERNET MOST OF THE DAY TRYING TO PROVE TO ALL OF OFF-ROAD-EXPRESS THAT LPG INJECTION IS BAD AND THAT IM NOT A TOTAL F-WIT

and then your bf is like

and its like

So now KiwiBacon is a homosexual because he doesn't agree with your point of view?

I don't expect the man himself say it in so many words..

But I will

Grow up.

or failing that

Go #### yourself.

vvega
Hard Yaka

Postby vvega » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:16 pm

smurf182 wrote:
flyingbrick wrote:your bf walks up and gives you a hug

and then your bf is like

and its like

oh hey baby how was your day at work .

smile it was a joke
Kiwi4x4

J_Dub
Hard Yaka

Postby J_Dub » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Surely this thread should be locked by now.
#### i thought this was a blokes (mostly) 4x4 forum, not Womens day.
Cant have people taking sides and throwing abuse around.
How bout everyone MANS up, leaves this alone once and for all, and stops taking cheap shots

Moriarty
Hard Yaka

Postby Moriarty » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:03 pm

Two things.

No fuel goes BANG. not ONE, no matter how much Oxy is available.
not nitro powder, cord-tex, black powder or primer cord.
not even the stuff in the little shiny gizmo on the back end of my 44 Rem Mag.

sure, some of 'em burn bloody fast, but not a single one goes BANG!!! (detonates , each one takes a fin ite and measurable time to BURN~~~)

I am gonna confuse you all and run the Sssingssssongssangssung on coal dust.

there is definitely a LEL point, where it WONT burn either fast OR slow, but according to my tutors in wat was NZED, there is NO UPPER EXPLOSIVE LIMIT!!! (UEL.) (refer to first para regarding going bang, exploding)

Once I have a reliable fuel flow, I am going to have a team of small boys under the bonnet, inserting primers into battery cups on the head, and they have to hit them with hammers at the right time to set off the Coal dust.

When THAT is proven, and reliable, I am going to waterproof the whole, by outfitting the small boys with scuba gear.

no snore-kill needed, so I can see no reason why I should take a ferry to the South Island its only 50 or so KM by road, and Twuck will do that on 5L D and coal dust has a greater heat coefficient than D so THAT'S all good.

I will patent this technology and invite you all in as beneficiaries if you will kindly contribute to the development costs.

Ohhhhh I also have legal title to the Auckland harbour bridge, and if anybody wants to invest in this with me, I will be only too happy to let you in on the ground floor, so to speak.

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:07 am

for those still interested try www.dieselgas.com.au
swb lux with 7mge, trailgear crossover, trailgear rear lift kit, custom front bar, runva 1200lb winch, custom snorkel, 37" Mtrs, custom deck, lockright in the rear.

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:07 am

haynzy wrote:for those still interested try http://www.dieselgas.com.au

i posted that about 9 pages of bullshit ago :lol:

but yea thats the maker of the system we used. good quality stuff :wink:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Postby coxsy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:55 pm

yes them guys good find :D
89 safari, pto winch, 33x15 simexs. sliders,75mm lift . turbo intercoolered

flyingbrick
Hard Yaka

Postby flyingbrick » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:44 pm

im so glad somebody resurrected this thread.

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:43 pm

ok so to try and take the argument away from another thread where it is totaly wrecking that thread... :roll:

ill get the ball rolling here with a QUOTE... from mr bacon

KiwiBacon wrote:
How do you explain the detonation in my video?

easy, you did it wrong...again :roll:

you keep going on about percentage of fume to air volume... you keep missing the vital and most simple thing, its not air volume you should be basing your percentage on :roll:

does that make it any clearer to you :idea:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

vvega
Hard Yaka

Postby vvega » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:58 pm

vvega wrote:
KiwiBacon wrote:
vvega wrote:comming from the guy that dosent know what a flashpoint or a boiling point is that mildly amusing
nothing you have said has been backed up with anything other than you sticking a pipe up a intake and turning the tap on
yet we gave you articals and documents .. systems for sale with warranty's
video's of a truck running in full load conditions on fume
and yet you still come back to your flawed test in which you failed miserably to accuratly measure the flow and frankly with your willingness to lie i don't doubt the results are completely false as well

Look up flash point and boiling point for lpg. They both happen in the bottle. Unless you're injecting liquid (which none of these systems are) it's irrelevant.

Flashpoint -104C
Boiling point -42C
Source:
http://www.iigas.com/propane_msds.htm

Is there going to be any tech from you at all?

vvega wrote:here are some vids including muzilla
you have one vid
we have about 20 of it working
game over buddy
time to move on and get some better work stoys

KiwiBacon wrote:
Nice videos but how are they relevant and how do they prove that it lpg isn't detonating?
How do you explain the detonation in my video?

you have very audable det in your vid yet you cant hear any in his
even when standing next to the truck.. you cant hear it

explaining yours.. we've done this a million times and you still cant get it
you did it wrong .. just like you got your measurements wrong ... just like you don't understand the technical words
you don't have the knowledge or the ability to fume its that simple
why is that so hard for you to understand
KiwiBacon wrote:You've repeated over and over again that lpg can't burn below the LFL, but can't understand that the flammability limits involve external ignition, not internal heat.

lol nope you still don't know how it works what it means or even what your tring to say and your uneducable so what's the point trying
funny how you have gone from not having a simple understanding of even the words involved let alone the theory and yet now your a expert ??
and even now you still don't ...... what's the point in trying
when will the hilarity stop
KiwiBacon wrote:What does your homophobia have to do with lpg in diesels?

again you cant read context understand simple paraphrases or even grasp what a quotation is.. i just quoted a post ... because it was so dam funny , its got nothing to do with my personal view on your sexuality or my feeling towards homosexuals
what it does show yet again is your ability to twist and contort facts until you think they mean what you want them too
its pretty evident throughout this entire thread and just about every their thread you've posted that this is the case
its not hard to see why you just dont get it

at the end of the day you have entire weekends dedicated to what a fool you are and how you continually try to bullshit and belittle people
and yet you still dont realise

i can see why you dont get fuming .. or anything really
you cant get past your own ego to see what is actually real and not just what you believe

you simply are not going to convince 20 odd people that have seen fuming working with there own eyes ... that what you say has any validity or vindication

next you'll be trying to tell us the sky is red

give it up[/quote]
Kiwi4x4

mudzilla
Hard Yaka

Postby mudzilla » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:07 pm

mudzilla wrote:Your still not listening... How have YOU ever learned anything in your life without listening or were you born a fuckn genius...????

A COUPLE OF PERCENT OF THE FUEL VOLUME.. Did you hear me yet !!!

gimmemud
Hard Yaka

Postby gimmemud » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:47 pm

Mr Bacon Why do you bother arguing??
They can make fuming work on a dog and have photographic proof. Just face it they're right you're wrong. :D :D

vvega
Hard Yaka

Postby vvega » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:50 pm

KiwiBacon wrote:
vvega wrote:nope thats just you been a egg

Oh look, more abuse.
vvega wrote:mudzilla's is based of fuel consumption .. in order for it to ba based on air consumption you woudl need a maf of some description .. yet his is hooked to his TPS ... so its load based so its supplyed at a % of the fuel rate
and that is what weve been saying for such a looong time now
and is exactly why you cant get fume to work and why this is so amusing

so fundimental
and such a massive fuckup on your part

His use is based on average fuel consumption, which gives you absolutely no clues for what the peak rate of fumigation is.

TPS on a diesel has very little to do with injected fuel volumes as the engine is governed the entire time. I thought you'd know that.

The only influence TPS has on most of them is as an on/off switch. Turns it off when your foot is lifted.
Kiwi4x4

vvega
Hard Yaka

Postby vvega » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:51 pm

vvega wrote:
High-pressure liquid petroleum gas (LPG) is converted to a low-pressure (just above atmospheric) useable gas. The gas passes through a solenoid valve (or stepper motor) which is controlled by outputs from the system’s computerised processor measuring precisely the quantity of gas required. This metered amount of vapour travels through a hose into the vehicle air intake system and subsequently into the inlet manifold as a mixture of air and gas.

The computer module (processor) controls the flow of gas optimising performance and ensuring safety. Manifold pressure (via a MAP sensor) or throttle position (via a throttle position sensor) and engine speed are monitored. The module then adjusts the gas flow depending on engine load and driver demand. The amount of gas injected (or the ‘gas map’) is completely (and only) programmable by a laptop computer. This allows a large degree of flexibility to adjust the system to suit your requirements.

The system shuts off gas flow when the brakes are applied or the driver’s foot comes off the accelerator.
The system can be switched on and off (if ever necessary) via a dash mounted switch. If gas is unavailable or you run out before a service station, it is not necessary to switch the system off. Instead you will notice a decrease in performance as the gas runs out. Since the diesel injection system is not modified, the vehicle will simply run on diesel as it did prior to the system being fitted

http://www.dieselgasaustralia.com.au/de ... =Technical
Kiwi4x4

vvega
Hard Yaka

Postby vvega » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:07 pm

KiwiBacon wrote:
vvega wrote:do you not understand what a load based fuel system is ?
the tps tells you how far your foot is down .. so therefore how much load your engine is under
and based on this the fuel is delivered

you talk of compensator's governors etc but im trying to keep this simple for you
thats why the decent fume kits have ecu control ... to offset and control the finer points of delivery

this was all in that very first artical i linked in the fume thread ... again you didn't read it so you cont understand
its said in black and white that air volume has NOTHING to do with fumigation rates
again you dont understand what you are talking about so how can you expect to get it right
just like boiling points and flash points , you just dont understand and you are doing it wrong
is any of this sinking through ?

I have read all the manufacturers speils.
They all bring us back to the one simple question.

At what point does lpg detonate in a diesel engine?

I've shown it detonating at 0.4% air volume, the amount of other fuel present can only mask the effects (more noise etc), it cannot suppress or otherwise switch off the detonation.

You've said it can't detonate below 2% air volume. But it does, the video shows that.

obviously you havent read them or you woudl have known its load based not on a % of air
your still hanging onto that arnt you

LOAD BASED
so basing on air consumption means your doing it wrong .. as has been said from day dot

taste it
suck that shit in
chew it
its delcious

you cant hide form the fact the cheerleaders are right and you are wrong
and now you are a public fool for it :d
only took 2 somthing pages ... and .... nope still dont get it do you

were are my bloddy pom poms .. i feel a dance comming on
Last edited by vvega on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiwi4x4

mudzilla
Hard Yaka

Postby mudzilla » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:09 pm

gimmemud wrote:Mr Bacon Why do you bother arguing??
They can make fuming work on a dog and have photographic proof. Just face it they're right you're wrong. :D :D

Now thats funny :lol: :lol:

Jafa
Hard Yaka

Postby Jafa » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:13 pm

mudzilla wrote:
gimmemud wrote:Mr Bacon Why do you bother arguing??

Now thats funny :lol: :lol:

Ok Wayne, wait till tomorrow when I'm on the work pc, I'm gonna sort this out with photographic evidence once and for all, no more arguing tonight...it'll all be sorted beyond reproach tomorrow..... that full scientific experiment we did at Easter will prove it :lol: :lol: :lol:
'85 Hilux crawler, 3rz, duals, 4.7's, 4.88's, ARB's, 30 spline Longfields, 6 stud SNR4x4 Histeer, Airshocks up front, coiled rear, 40" Iroks.
^^^this shite is all about to change....^^^

021 273 9942
jafa@inspire.net.nz

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Im a builder and use civil engineers all the time because I have to.

I have been told by engineers that there is no way that idea will work. I have argued with them and said I know it works because I have done it before. I would then change my engineer and another one would say "thats not a problem at all " and then sign it off.

Some have no lateral thinking and I know that from personal experience.Half the trade people come into the same category and can't think out side the square.

Cheers Richard
Never say die, up man and try

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:53 pm

Here is the scientific study undertaken at Easter with photographic evidence to prove the soundness of our experimental methods.

First up, we took the fumigation delivery method invented and patented by Kiwibacon, as used on his 3.9L diesel Rangerover.

Here is the LPG being delivered to a standard Toyota Hilux:

This system proved effective, but there were obvious limitations to the acuracy of the LPG volume being delivered. We rekon the engine ran so well, there could well have been a 2jz hiding under the bonnet!!!!!!!

As we needed to better regulate the delivery flow, we went and searched on the internet and found the best flow regulation system was that which was developed right here at home by our own LPG fumigation expert, Mr Kiwi Bacon.

We employed the patented Kiwibacon LPG Fumigation flowometer to better control our delivery rates. Here is evidence of the employment of this device:

This sorted out all our detonation issues with this engine, and because of the fact that the hilux would n0w smoke up Jafa's 40" Iroks in 5th gear, we must be getting at least 9000Nm of torque!!!!!

We needed to come up with better delivery methods, as a LPG bottle straped to the bonnet complete with high pressure warehouse garden hose got in the way of the window washers spray path. Also, not all 4wd's have stratigically placed snorkels.

After a bit of trial and error we got Gimmemuds truck running well delivering the LPG like this:

We reckon his motor was performing to the equivilant of a Commy V6, but there was a small amount of detonation as the engine temp increased, and a bit of blow back coing from the header tank.

We also got some good results with the below method, but it also caused problems at high RPM resulting in a 33" flat spot and a drop in straightline performance:

As "Fogging" had been mentioned to us, we thought we should turn our highly educated attention to that method as well. To do this, we needed higher quantities of LPG so had to employ both the Patented Kiwibacon LPG Fumigation Flowometer to regulate flow, and the BBQ gas bottle for extra burn.

We tried to Fogging the engine bay of Tintin's Surf with good results, but the potential for massive detonation and a potential explosive power increased was anticipated. See the photo below, note the incorporation of the BBQ gas bottle as well as the Kiwibacon Flowometer:

The above was one of our best and most correct scientific experiments. Filling the engine bay with LPG via the intercooler was a great method, as the LPG passing through the fines ofthe intercooler also helped to cool the air going into the engine!!!!

The ultimate experiment was to increase the performance of the JohnDeer ride on. We fogged the crap outa that fawker, and got the 10m long center strip ofthe driveway done in under 4 mins, 2mins quicker than the previous record, where the ride on mower was running on baked bean gas.

When then got wondering about other abstract uses of LPG fumigation. I metioned that the ZUKI could do with extra performance, as he as having a hard time keeping up the local neighbour hood cats, and they used to sneak of with is food.

There was a deffinate improvement in torque, with made for better bite, but straightine speed was lacking due to constantly being tail happy and spinning out of control in circles barking.

As you see, we had good results, with all test subjects reaching over 900Nm of torque, with no detonation, apart from Gimmimuds cam shaft, but that could have been from the 6hrs it had already spent that day sitting on the rev limiter.

Result:

LPG Fumigation Works.
KiwiBacon Does Not.

Note:

No engines or animals were harmed in this scientific study.
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

vvega
Hard Yaka

Postby vvega » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:57 pm

what can i say that is conclusive
Kiwi4x4

Strait23
Driver/Navigator

Postby Strait23 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Can anyone please tell me why Curly12 is lying on the floor in fits of laughter. Snorting like a pig and crying like a baby?? :? :? :? :? :?
It's hard to be good all the time!!

flyingbrick
Hard Yaka

Postby flyingbrick » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:00 pm

Awwww :( this looks like so much fun. I wanna be a cheer leader. *moans*

we should have like.. Waikato cheerleader tryouts. Someone create a new thread. Until then.. I'll keep practicing.

***Gimmie an L!!!!***

***Gimmie a P!!!***

***Gimmie a G!!!!*** ( <---those are pom poms.. im shaking them)

HEY! HEY!
BACONS _ _ _!
A BBQ BOTTLE IS NOT THE WAY!
ITS NOT THE AIR!
IS IS THE FUEL!
I'VE SEEN MORE INTELLIGENCE
FROM A MULE!
***** (shaking pompoms.....)

ummn... ****.... :?

-Nathan.
I just don't know who I am any longer.

Return to “Diesel Engines and Modifications”