Who is the guru race pump builder !!

wopass
Hard Yaka

Re: Who is the guru race pump builder !!

Postby wopass » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:19 am

Bro, I gots da mean boots!!

:mrgreen:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

QUADRACER
Hard Yaka

Postby QUADRACER » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:19 am

must just be a diesel thing.
oh well :lol:
back to the shed
retired 4wd to a ford ranger and UTV

darinz
Hard Yaka

Postby darinz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:43 am

Instead of playing around with the pump why doesn't someone put an EFI system onto one? Then you can just change the tune to suit what you're doing. Playing with the pump is like playing with a carb's.

Sure an efi system is harder because not many people are doing it yet but all you need to do is control the fuel delivery, have a pump that'll supply enough pressure and some injectors. There must be some efi injectors from a truck or tractor that'll be close enough to fitting? I guess the hard thing will be getting the fuel rails etc not to leak at the higher pressure efi diesels run?

Just a thought but how do the efi TD27's work? Copy that and just increase the capacity of everything?

Thoughts anyone?
Nissan Terrano coilovers, turboed VH45, Safari axles, and some other stuff.

churchill
Hard Yaka

Postby churchill » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:22 am

Common rail, woot woot!

Check out the BMW N57S. 3 turbos, 55psi boost, 280kW, 750Nm of torque.

I wonder if a non common rail system could be converted to common rail, I'm not clued up enough on diesels to know if this is possible. It's the EFI of the diesel world, better power and efficiency.

Another option would be to purchase a common rail engine and drop it in. This would be expensive though and not sure if this is a road you're keen to head down.

Dumbass
Hard Yaka

Postby Dumbass » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:34 am

Filthy4x4 wrote:Couldnt help myself :lol:

That is awesome. You are my hero :D

Sorry guys.
Drive as fast as you can, NOT as fast as you can not.

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:13 pm

darinz wrote:Instead of playing around with the pump why doesn't someone put an EFI system onto one? Then you can just change the tune to suit what you're doing. Playing with the pump is like playing with a carb's.

Sure an efi system is harder because not many people are doing it yet but all you need to do is control the fuel delivery, have a pump that'll supply enough pressure and some injectors. There must be some efi injectors from a truck or tractor that'll be close enough to fitting? I guess the hard thing will be getting the fuel rails etc not to leak at the higher pressure efi diesels run?

Just a thought but how do the efi TD27's work? Copy that and just increase the capacity of everything?

Thoughts anyone?

Yeah, Nah :roll: :roll: :roll:

EFI Diesel, all that's different is that there is a ECU controlling the fuel delivery, the pumps are still a VE pump, just electronically controlled. Same issues with injector pump capacity exist between EFI and mechanical injector pumps.

Common rail is your diesel equivalent of what your talking about in your above post. One pressurized fuel rail, and electronically controlled fuel injectors. They are fussy systems in regards to fuel quality and the pressure the systems run under can cause some longevity issues. Ask around about the Toyota D4D. Nice motor, but they have their issues.
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

tweake
Hard Yaka

Postby tweake » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:19 pm

darinz wrote:Instead of playing around with the pump why doesn't someone put an EFI system onto one? Then you can just change the tune to suit what you're doing. Playing with the pump is like playing with a carb's.

td42ti pump is only electronically controlled timing. even then its only an addon not full control. (it will run without it). fueling is still mechanical.
a lot of the other nissan pumps are crap. either wear badly or have weird control system.
other brands could be fitted but big downside is lack of a full diesel ecu to run it.

at the moment you still need factory ecu then addon ecu to mod it.

Return to “Diesel Engines and Modifications”