Mazda Proceed - needs a larger tank...

Nikolai_V
Driver/Navigator

Mazda Proceed - needs a larger tank...

Postby Nikolai_V » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:29 am

I`ve recently brought a Proceed Marvie (stop laughing) for camping type 4wd trips and to tow trailers/collect firewood etc. It`s never going to have any more than <say> 31"s on it, but it does have a safari snorkel, Runva 8k winch and is generally a handy thing.

Only problem with it is the pathetic tank size - open road fuel economy is around 12-14km/l which I can live with, but not the 45l tank capacity. If i had a 75l tank we`d be looking at a 500km range, rather than around 300km...

Does anyone know if the larger tanks from other Mazda proceed models can be fitted? or do I just buy a few jerry cans and holders and live with it. being an auto, it may have less room under the seats for the tank - I`ll need to have a look (at this stage I`m looking at making a swing away spare wheel carrier, converting to LPG and chucking in an under tray LPG tank, just to get some more range).

GotFlex
Hard Yaka

Re: Mazda Proceed - needs a larger tank...

Postby GotFlex » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:29 pm

save the hassel of mods and just buy some jerry cans?
SASed Isuzu Mu - hilux diffs, Rears up front, disc brake conversion, ifs hub swap, crossover steering, and legal!!!!

keithal
Hard Yaka

Postby keithal » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:35 pm

GotFlex wrote:save the hassel of mods and just buy some jerry cans?

lots of them

mate of mine had the mazda proceed ute and was lucky to get 450kms from the 70ish litre tank in that

muddyhilux
Hard Yaka

Postby muddyhilux » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:55 pm

cant help with what other tanks may fit but i know exactly how you feel.my surf with 350 chev got 4.5km/l on the open road :lol: and the 75 l tank wasn't helping.as part of my new build ill be fitting a 90l 80 series cruiser tank which will help some.but until now ive been carrying dual 20l jerry cans,3 if going a long way from gas stations :lol: .for now that maybe your best and cheapest solution sorry mate
1990 surf 350 chevy jacked up and currently under construction again

getsum
Hard Yaka

Postby getsum » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:44 am

we just wrecked a toyota hiace truck at work, ive pinched the tank off it.
so will use that when i make a flat deck for my proceed.
its about 60l compared to the poxy 40-45l tank...

Return to “Petrol Engines and Modifications”