Toyota 4Y+E idle help

3VILC
Hard Yaka

Toyota 4Y+E idle help

Postby 3VILC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Hey guys, finally got my EFI setup installed and running, kindof.
But at idle it is very rough and has that rhythmic 'put put put put put' sound noticable at the exhaust as if the timing were severely retarded or a bad vacuum leak, but the timing is around 10deg at idle or close as I can get it with the rough idle and I cant find and vac hoses loose or not connected. Once you go off idle it stutters and seems to run OK or much better not as rough. Havnt tried to drive it yet as the gas tank isnt fully bolted in and a heater hose is weeping. Any further thoughts on where I should look next.
Put a lexus in it is not currently an option before someone says it :P

Cheers,
Clive
edit: think I solved my own problem, I was on the right track. Remembered there is a brace between the base of the manifold and the engine mount, bolt holes didnt quite line up and it felt like it was pushing too hard so didnt do the bolts right up, must've still been pushing the manifold up too far so it wasnt sealing against the head, undid the brace and it seems to be much better. Now to dismantle half of what i've done to get at the leaking heater hose, mustve disturbed it when i undid the clamp to move it as the manifold was catching on the clamp bolt
-------------------------------------------------
Newly brought currently bog standard Discovery V8i with a drinking problem :lol:

Return to “Petrol Engines and Modifications”