LSD wanted

mudslug
Winch master

LSD wanted

Postby mudslug » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:45 pm

does anybody have a LSD for sale that would suit a rugger/rocky? would prefer the whole drum to drum set up(heard the LSD axles are smaller than normal axles?). and i would prefer localy in southland as i live in invers, but might look at frieghting if the price is right
thanks

meece4x4
Hard Yaka

Re: LSD wanted

Postby meece4x4 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:50 pm

mudslug wrote:does anybody have a LSD for sale that would suit a rugger/rocky? would prefer the whole drum to drum set up(heard the LSD axles are smaller than normal axles?). and i would prefer localy in southland as i live in invers, but might look at frieghting if the price is right
thanks

without sounding like a smart arse .. good luck! .. they are the perverval rocking horse sh*t to find, I have only seen (one) ever come up for sale and that was in a long wheelbase rocky ute, and the guy wasnt interested in parting out the diff. if you are lucky enough to find one id expect to pay a premium for it (unless your extremely lucky as in the own isnt aware of it's rareness).

the rugger/rockys are rare'ish beasts anyway and LSD's even rarer.

cheers and good luck in your search.
llıɥ ʇsɐl ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞɐɯ ʇupıp ı sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Andrew1706
Hard Yaka

Postby Andrew1706 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:45 pm

I have a hole rear unit here from an '85 Blizzard, code on the firewall says it's LSD (G055) but never really worked all that well.

2roky
Hard Yaka

Postby 2roky » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am

i must be the luckest bugger around then, i got two in me offroader,
some models had a larger spline diameter that goes into the diff, think that may have been more an age thing though

wgtnnewbie
Hard Yaka

Postby wgtnnewbie » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:06 am

Andrew1706 wrote:I have a hole rear unit here from an '85 Blizzard, code on the firewall says it's LSD (G055) but never really worked all that well.

hmmm would fit my beasty then....lol just keep it tucked away and one day if i ever come into some money.....lol
truckless and shall remain so till she who wears the pants says otherwise.................lol

Return to “Daihatsu”