daihatsu guru

yeti
Bruiser

daihatsu guru

Postby yeti » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:11 pm

whos the daihatsu wizz on here,had a look at a few post but a lot of them are dated.. just have a few questions for the boys one..ie re set springs or hilux springs in the back , just a few tips on easy mods , home made snorkel :?: :?: etc etc cheers
v8 tj...luvs the gas......

meece4x4
Hard Yaka

Re: daihatsu guru

Postby meece4x4 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:57 pm

yeti wrote:whos the daihatsu wizz on here,had a look at a few post but a lot of them are dated.. just have a few questions for the boys one..ie re set springs or hilux springs in the back , just a few tips on easy mods , home made snorkel :?: :?: etc etc cheers

what model Daihatfoot?? id done a few mods to my old F300 Feroza, the F75 Rocky is a completely different beastie tho
llıɥ ʇsɐl ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞɐɯ ʇupıp ı sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:17 pm

its a 97 feroza efi.... thats all i know :oops: its white :lol:

aroma
Hard Yaka

Postby aroma » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:20 pm

pic's pic's
3 inch down pipe for home made snorkle to start with
post a build up I say :? but I talk too much me been told

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:25 pm

meece4x4
Hard Yaka

Postby meece4x4 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:36 pm

yeti wrote:its a 97 feroza efi.... thats all i know :oops: its white :lol:

that'll be the f300 model .. like my old one, limited mods you can do on them, I tried the hilux springs in the rear, made the ride choppy(er) and harsh ended up getting the factory springs reset with a 2" reset for $140 at a local engineering firm .. much much better, I wound the front torsion bars up 1 1/2 inches and that allowed me to run 30's (just) 30's are about the biggest you can go with these things before gearing is seriously affected, the 1600 dosnt put out a lot of power as it is.

2" extended shackles (please please with center bar) will give you anthor 1" lift in the rear

snorkel can be made with 65mm pvc pipe for about $40 and takes a couple of hours to do.

GET RID OF THE CAT!!!! and add a free flow exhaust made a huge difference to mine for pulling power.

they are great little wagons and if you chuck a set of muddies on and dont wind up the front too high will go places that will surprise some of the bigger boys toys

heres a couple of pics of my old one

oh and remove (or make quick disconnects) for the front sway bar, it makes a huge difference to the front articulation with it off, you can shave the front bumpstops ... but id only take 25mm or so off them
Last edited by meece4x4 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
llıɥ ʇsɐl ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞɐɯ ʇupıp ı sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:47 pm

meece4x4 wrote:
yeti wrote:its a 97 feroza efi.... thats all i know :oops: its white :lol:

that'll be the f300 model .. like my old one, limited mods you can do on them, I tried the hilux springs in the rear, made the ride choppy(er) and harsh ended up getting the factory springs reset with a 2" reset for $140 at a local engineering firm .. much much better, I wound the front torsion bars up 1 1/2 inches and that allowed me to run 30's (just) 30's are about the biggest you can go with these things before gearing is seriously affected, the 1600 dosnt put out a lot of power as it is.

2" extended shackles (please please with center bar) will give you anthor 1" lift in the rear

snorkel can be made with 65mm pvc pipe for about $40 and takes a couple of hours to do.

GET RID OF THE CAT!!!! and add a free flow exhaust made a huge difference to mine for pulling power.

they are great little wagons and if you chuck a set of muddies on and dont wind up the front too high will go places that will surprise some of the bigger boys toys

heres a couple of pics of my old one

sweet thanks for that, will get the springs re set then , and the rest sound good too..will get the boy to do a thread when he starts his wee list of mods , and will use your info.. cheers again mate

2roky
Hard Yaka

Postby 2roky » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:37 pm

hows things glad to see another daihatsu user here,

i no longer have mine as got too small for my needs but i still have my 2.8 rocky.

as for the fez
i have a factory snorkle here (pm me if your interested in purchasing it)

the rear springs i got reset with a 2'' extra arch in them, longer shocks off a hilux go after market ones just have to replace the lower bushes with ones of the correct dai shaft hole, cranked the front torsion bars to match the rear lift

added a 2'' exhaust and aftermarket muffler which made it run cooler and gave it a bit more grunt,

added a set of rock sliders
and threw a set of 31'' pirelli scorpions on it, with these trucks you can run the tyres that have a softer compound than what the big boys do and still get really good mileage out of them i put 45tho on mine then mate bought them and put another 15tho on them with a surf, the front does rub a wee bit but by pulling the mud flaps off it wont be nearly as bad,

i have plenty of parts here if you are needing any

cam

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:44 pm

70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:22 pm

2roky wrote:hows things glad to see another daihatsu user here,

i no longer have mine as got too small for my needs but i still have my 2.8 rocky.

as for the fez
i have a factory snorkle here (pm me if your interested in purchasing it)

the rear springs i got reset with a 2'' extra arch in them, longer shocks off a hilux go after market ones just have to replace the lower bushes with ones of the correct dai shaft hole, cranked the front torsion bars to match the rear lift

added a 2'' exhaust and aftermarket muffler which made it run cooler and gave it a bit more grunt,

added a set of rock sliders
and threw a set of 31'' pirelli scorpions on it, with these trucks you can run the tyres that have a softer compound than what the big boys do and still get really good mileage out of them i put 45tho on mine then mate bought them and put another 15tho on them with a surf, the front does rub a wee bit but by pulling the mud flaps off it wont be nearly as bad,

i have plenty of parts here if you are needing any

cam

cheers for that cam,its my boys 4wd.. just have a couple of things to do on my heap , then we will start on his. in saying that am looking at some muddies next weekend for it ..will keep the snorkel in mind but...cheers again mate...

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:24 pm

thanks jerry , will have a look through them...

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Sun May 09, 2010 2:33 pm

hi all , is it common for the fuel pump to play up in these things, he was driving down road to day and it just died .. when you first turn ignition could hear like pump doing its thing , now you cant and wont fire ..are we on the right track thinking pump .....and yes has gas in it :wink: cheers

2roky
Hard Yaka

Postby 2roky » Sun May 09, 2010 2:36 pm

it could be not too sure never had it do it ae

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Sun May 09, 2010 7:22 pm

cheers, pretty sure that whats playing up

niblik
Sausage Shack

Postby niblik » Sun May 09, 2010 10:07 pm

not too much doof doof?

:mrgreen:
ImageImage

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Mon May 10, 2010 7:40 am

niblik wrote:not too much doof doof?

:mrgreen:

ha ha not yet nibs, but did get his L plates, so if ya see the little turd driving stay clear....does want a doof doof box , cheers for that :wink:

Return to “Daihatsu”