Springs over diff - completed 4 Rugger!

tuk
Hard Yaka

Springs over diff - completed 4 Rugger!

Postby tuk » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:49 am

Hey
Just completed the front springs over diff on my rugger, pretty straight foward with no major issues. I only have a mud truck so geting a warrant wasnt a issue. I read some negative stuff about doing it to ruggers but for what im doing wif my truck itl be perfect. Minor fabrication for brackets was as technical as it got.
If anyone going to attempt it il let u know whats involved

cher

mattax100
Bush Crasher

Re: Springs over diff - completed 4 Rugger!

Postby mattax100 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:12 pm

hi do you stil have a template for perches?

tuk
Hard Yaka

Postby tuk » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:25 am

If by perch you mean the bracket that the u bolts and shock bolts to then i just reversed them or turned them up the other way and put them on the other side - sounds dodgy but worked well, cant remeber but may have had to drill the holes a little bit larger. Only major issue was in the rear, i had to put the shock on a little angle but iv had no problems and its been like that for a year or 2. if you want some pics let me know and your email and il take some photos. also rember to lengthen the front drive shaft - i didnt and did a jump and the shaft poped out.
cher

mattax100
Bush Crasher

Postby mattax100 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi and i was meaning the brackets for the diff and fotos would be a big help mattax100@gmail.com

tuk
Hard Yaka

Postby tuk » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:41 am

yea no worries il take a couple of photos and email them to you, i cut the weld off the bracket with a grinder(bottom of diif) and knocked the bracket off and re-welded on the top. had to put a bolt in the middle of perch as a locator for the springs. cheers

Return to “Daihatsu”