Wanted: Rugger front grill

Browny
Winch master

Wanted: Rugger front grill

Postby Browny » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:46 am

Hi hows it goin
Pretty new to the site, i have just got myself a 95 rugger, and found that the front grill is only just hanging on as most of the plastic brackets have broken. Would anyone have a decent one they'd like to sell or maybe point me in the right direction?
ive been scoping trademe but dont think thats going to help much at the rate parts come up on there.
Thanks heaps
jeff

Marco Polo
Hard Yaka

Re: Wanted: Rugger front grill

Postby Marco Polo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:49 am

Hi Jeff,

Double posts can be frowned upon, I'm sure one of the mods will point you in the right direction.
Unfortunately not to many people were smart enough to buy these great little wagons so parts can be a hassle. My front grill is pretty beaten up too but I have secured it against the broken clips with cable ties. You can't see it with the bonnet shut and it's solid as now. They are also prone to fracture just inboard of the headlight. Easily fixed with thin galv sheet, epoxy and a couple of self tappers on the inside.
How hard can it be?

Browny
Winch master

Re: Wanted: Rugger front grill

Postby Browny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:44 am

Marco Polo wrote:Hi Jeff,

Double posts can be frowned upon, I'm sure one of the mods will point you in the right direction.
Unfortunately not to many people were smart enough to buy these great little wagons so parts can be a hassle. My front grill is pretty beaten up too but I have secured it against the broken clips with cable ties. You can't see it with the bonnet shut and it's solid as now. They are also prone to fracture just inboard of the headlight. Easily fixed with thin galv sheet, epoxy and a couple of self tappers on the inside.

sorry wont do it again...cheers for the pointers man i'll give it a go

Return to “Daihatsu”