Kawasaki teryx

ant-neil
Hard Yaka

Kawasaki teryx

Postby ant-neil » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Anyone know much about these . Just did a demo on one liked it and went well stable as and a lot more nimble than I thought . But have heard that a lot of the side by sides have weak as cvs and axels but don't know anyone who has broken one .
Any opinions appreciated or experience with any of these or similliar

Jay
Hard Yaka

Re: Kawasaki teryx

Postby Jay » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:56 pm

My in-laws have had a 700 EFI Yamaha rhino on their 400 acres in the king country for a few years now... goes anywhere, climbs like a mountain goat and never had any issues with it whatsoever... and that's with me giving it heaps every time i'm down there! Even managed to pull a standard r50 terrano up a steep muddy incline that it couldnt get up a few weekends ago which I thought was pretty impressive.

Jay

Macca
Hard Yaka

Postby Macca » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Cv,s really are the weak point on most side by sides. Another thing to watch is down hill engine braking. Some require slight throttle to engage drive. We have also chewed a couple of belts on our ones at work. They are a leap forward from an old quad though

DaveM
Hard Yaka

Postby DaveM » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:18 pm

We have used the Rhino's at work, and had nothing but problems with the gearbox, and crap braking (we used the original version). Now using Honda's versions which have good power, and are a little wider, but time will tell how good they are.
Personally, I would go for the CanAm if it were up to me. Have good features, and plenty of accessories are available. They have a new version out now which is more "fun" orientated by the look of it.

slidenyo
Hard Yaka

Postby slidenyo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:33 pm

dads mate is a polaris agent up in whangarei/hikurangi,
we borrow the odd one every duck shooting,
the 6x6 side by sides are truly incredible for grip and climbing ability,
however the last one we had was a 4x4 diesel it ran all day on the smell of an oily rag and had better engine braking than the petrols when we came back from the dams.

rouse motorcycles is his company
problems are only a problem if you not willing to learn how to find solutions

Return to “The Bike Bar”