2014 Scooter Safari for the Cancer Society

Gardengnome
Truck Hore

2014 Scooter Safari for the Cancer Society

Postby Gardengnome » Tue May 20, 2014 1:28 am

Hi all, hope your all alive and well. Sorry this is a bit long winded but feel its worth saying and hope you take 5min to have a skim through it.

Right, what do 4 bees and the big sea have to do with each other?
Well actually, 4 B's and the big C?
Blood Cancer, Bum Cancer, Ball Cancer and Boob Cancer! And I'm sure there are a few other B's and plenty of other letters also.

It's that time again, Scooter Safari time! The Tranz Alpine Scooter Safari is rolling again for 2014 on the 24th of this month.
My mighty steed packing 49cc of raging power (best said while grunting like Tim the tool man Taylor) has now...
• Done 2 scooter safari's (2010 with a gorilla & 2012 with Winnie the Pooh).
• Has been used to commute to work each day for about 6 years
• Been drowned in the Chch floods earlier this year. It looked like a shallow puddle. Scooter needed a snorkel.
• Has ridden the Karamea bluff.
And is once again ready to tackle the great divide for the 3rd time.

Basic run down;
250 scooters, Chch to Hokitika, 250km, 2 mountain passes, 1 sore arse, 5 tanks of gas, single cylinder machines all pumping away in harmony ........................................................................................................................................"cough" sorry was daydreaming there for a bit :oops: , and hopefully a shitload of money raised.

If you're new to all this, and at this time of your life thinking "What the hell is he on about?" This is a perfectly normal reaction. I get it a lot.

Check out http://www.scootersafari.co.nz The 6th photo on the front page is me as Pooh pushing some bloke up porters pass. I don't mind making a tit of myself to raise money for a good cause and this year will be no different.

I'm not the only ORE member riding this year.
http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/Forums/ ... 50&t=40239

Let me know if anyone else is safaring this year.

My other half Rose is also once again in support with the kids and dog in tow. Cheers honey. :D

BUT in order for this to be successful we can't do this without your support or more to the point, your money. Awkward!! :?

It's time to be blatant about what's going on, cards on the table, nothing up the sleeves. This is about raising money for the cancer society towards support and research. I'm doing this to raise as much moolaa as possible. If I get one large donation of thousands or thousands of small ones it doesn't matter. Every little bit will help.

So far I'm over the $500 mark but pushing hard to do better. Hence reaching out the greater community of good buggers and lovely lasses of ORE.

2010 safari saw $123,000 raised and 2012 almost $250K, 1/4 of a million!

In this day and age almost everyone has been affected in some way by cancer either directly, indirectly but very close to home or you just know someone with it. For those that have had a close encounter of the "C" kind. I feel for you, wish you well and you are the reason I do this.

If you know me, you know that I joke about a bit (a lot), like to laugh and have a laugh with mates.
But putting all that aside, with my serious hat on. I ask you humbly and sincerely,
Please donate some money to this cause. And make my sore bum worthwhile. Now I've got you thinking of my bum! Not good.

If you have donated before thank you very much you're awesome. But please don't let that be a reason to not donate again.
If you have not donated before, then here's your chance to catch up with the ones who have and do something very outstanding.

Due to a bunch of free loading joy riders last year, entry to do this year's run is only accepted after a registration of $150. $50 towards event expenses and the first $100 on my donation page. So I have certainly put my money where my mouth is.

Here are some tips.
For the Accountants, you will receive a receipt and it can be Tax deductable.
For the lawyers, charge the next client double and donate the excess.
For the coffee drinkers, have a small rather than a large and donate.
For the children, bug thy parent to donate until submission is attained and fleece them for all they are worth. :twisted:
For the parents, good luck with your kids now. Best to donate early and save yourself the anguish! :mrgreen: :twisted:
For the builders/painters, it looks fine with one coat, donate the cost of the second coat.

To all who donate thank you heaps you're all stars.
My donation page
http://www.fundraiseonline.co.nz/Phil_A_Jamieson/

Thanks heaps for taking the time to read this and have a great day.
Phil Jamieson.

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Re: 2014 Scooter Safari for the Cancer Society

Postby Smurf » Tue May 20, 2014 2:39 am

My Donation will be there tomorrow.

My Wife and her Sister lost their Mother to cancer several years ago and their Father is recovering from Bowel cancer.
No one deserves it, but everyone knows someone who has dealt with it in some way or another

Good on you Phil.

Gardengnome
Truck Hore

Re: 2014 Scooter Safari for the Cancer Society

Postby Gardengnome » Tue May 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Awesome, Thanks Keith.

Return to “The Bike Bar”