laser on 870

wildplumdx
Hard Yaka

laser on 870

Postby wildplumdx » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 pm

just got a laser for my 870 pump action which came with mounting bracket was hoping to mount to the mag camber but the mag camber is too big so have to bolt onto the barrel... i cant see anything wrong with this but i thought i'd check before i fire it just in case ! ?

Moriarty
Hard Yaka

Re: laser on 870

Postby Moriarty » Fri May 01, 2009 12:14 pm

wildplumdx wrote:just got a laser for my 870 pump action which came with mounting bracket was hoping to mount to the mag camber but the mag camber is too big so have to bolt onto the barrel... i cant see anything wrong with this but i thought i'd check before i fire it just in case ! ?

mag camber? do you mean the cartridge CHAMBER?

is it a screw-on mount, or a clamp-on mount?

can you take photos and post em up here?

wildplumdx
Hard Yaka

Postby wildplumdx » Sat May 02, 2009 9:45 am

ahhh yes sorry just read what i wrote lol yes the shell chamber , clamp on mount thanks

PIC HERE! http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/wi ... aser-1.jpg

Moriarty
Hard Yaka

Postby Moriarty » Sat May 02, 2009 4:02 pm

wildplumdx wrote:ahhh yes sorry just read what i wrote lol yes the shell chamber , clamp on mount thanks

PIC HERE! http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/wi ... aser-1.jpg

Looking at the above photo, with that being a trombone gun, I cant see you fitting it any better than you have done. You are putting a laser dot on a target? how does that work on ducks??? I can see that it would be possible but unlikely to target a clay bird, but a duck? or a quail?

Seriously, though, that side mount gives you a normal sight picture for snap or running shots and the laser-dot for a more deliberate shot

B

wildplumdx
Hard Yaka

Postby wildplumdx » Sat May 02, 2009 6:47 pm

nah nah its hardly a duck shotty too short, use it for possums and rabbits, all i wanted to know is its safe to mount it this way as i couldn't see why it wouldn't be but better to be safe then sorry!

Moriarty
Hard Yaka

Postby Moriarty » Sat May 02, 2009 8:07 pm

It's all good, mate. for a scattegunwith a max effective range with slugs of around 100M and 40M with pellets, the offset position is ok. where it a rifle, it would not work at all well for tack-hole accuracy, but your application, not a problem.

B

Return to “Hunting”