donuts on bros skid pad

petefj40
Ms Daisy

donuts on bros skid pad

Postby petefj40 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsRcg7w07ZU

I had a solenoid switch installed in the car a while back. Switching off the rear brakes. Making it easier on the rear brakes while linelocking or doing burnouts.

The partner isn't a fan of wasting the old rubber on the old rims. But what else is a boy gunna do with a stock pile of old rubber? :wink:

Not a lot of people see the sense in it. But I just love spinning the 18's up. Better than letting your aggression out on a punching bag i recon. :twisted:

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Re: donuts on bros skid pad

Postby coxsy » Mon May 24, 2010 6:55 pm

oh peter loved donuts in the mach, load the trans on the brake off a little bit to get the wheels spinning then lock to lock donuts the mass of the rear of the car spinnning around so cool :D
89 safari, pto winch, 33x15 simexs. sliders,75mm lift . turbo intercoolered

Lynx
Hard Yaka

Postby Lynx » Mon May 24, 2010 6:56 pm

awesome

and awesomely close to the edge there in the first bit.

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:09 pm

coxsy wrote:oh peter loved donuts in the mach, load the trans on the brake off a little bit to get the wheels spinning then lock to lock donuts the mass of the rear of the car spinnning around so cool :D

It's a laugh when the car starts spinning around. I love it. The kids asked if they could jump in the back while doing donuts. They were laughing harder than me. :shock:
Before they jumped out I had to say, "kids, this isn't done on a public road....OK!!?" I think they understood. :roll:
Last edited by petefj40 on Mon May 24, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:14 pm

Lynx wrote:awesome

and awesomely close to the edge there in the first bit.

yeah I did get a little close there. i knew i'd make it. just didn't know by how much. :oops:
Bro has that area in concrete now so the area is a little bigger.
There's a bit of a get together going on this weekend. So I hope to get either the car or 40 on it again. :lol:

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Postby coxsy » Mon May 24, 2010 7:39 pm

years ago a mate call me up, as a kid down the road was doing burnout on the road in a fairmont, come down and show him how its down,drove over to his place in auckland, picked him up drove a little way down his road turned around drove slowly up the road, mate yell out hey kid this is how its done ''hit it '' loaded up the trans spun the wheels making smoke, foot off the brake moving slowly forward changed to second foot hard down more speed them traction we were off, around the block, two groves in the tarseal the lenght of the kids section never took the mach back down that road again :D
Last edited by coxsy on Mon May 24, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
89 safari, pto winch, 33x15 simexs. sliders,75mm lift . turbo intercoolered

Petemcc
Hard Yaka

Postby Petemcc » Mon May 24, 2010 8:06 pm

Try soaking a set in diesel for a couple of weeks and give it a go. Heaps more smoke and you might be able to grab another gear or two. Last time I did it I draped some old towels over them and re wet and rotated them every few days. worked a treat. Had a mate who used to do some comps back in aus and they used to soak the tyres in drums of diesel for a month or so before a comp!

vvilly
Hard Yaka

Postby vvilly » Mon May 24, 2010 8:12 pm

i told ya when you done it"the only reason is because you couldnt pull a skin of a rice pudding"
LIFT YOUR TRUCK FAT CHICKS CANT JUMP

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:29 pm

Petemcc wrote:Try soaking a set in diesel for a couple of weeks and give it a go. Heaps more smoke and you might be able to grab another gear or two. Last time I did it I draped some old towels over them and re wet and rotated them every few days. worked a treat. Had a mate who used to do some comps back in aus and they used to soak the tyres in drums of diesel for a month or so before a comp!

Sounds entertaining. :lol: How about the different coloured smoke you can get from some burnout tyres.

I've never used diesel to smoke tyres. But I'm sure the rubber soaked in the stuff would make em smoke big time. :lol:

The last set came close to bursting. :shock:

nzhunter
Hard Yaka

Postby nzhunter » Mon May 24, 2010 9:49 pm

good man, that was siiiicckk

oh man i better hurray up and post my on the pad missions in the surf
Landy SIIa winch truck- 350 chev powered, cruiser axles, 36" simexs - classic goodness
Hilux KUN expedition ute with all the bling

NJV6
Hard Yaka

Postby NJV6 » Tue May 25, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi Pete, good to see your still floating around a bit.

Did you ever get the 6.0 running properly? I seem to remember there were tuning issues or something???

You'll be on the lookout for a 6.2 one to put the 6.0 into the 40 to save rebuilding the leaky, noisy old LS1!!!
SWB V6 Paj with one or two mods ;)

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm

NJV6 wrote:Hi Pete, good to see your still floating around a bit.

Did you ever get the 6.0 running properly? I seem to remember there were tuning issues or something???

You'll be on the lookout for a 6.2 one to put the 6.0 into the 40 to save rebuilding the leaky, noisy old LS1!!!

Cheers.

Those LS3's and slick. :mrgreen:
But the LS2 6L is going ok, thanks. It could be running better though. Towed the boat up to Picton and back with it last month. So it's not running that badly. I just know it can run better than it is.

I won't be swapping motors :D . I'll get onto the 6L tune this year. And the 40's LS1 gets new pistons/rings and a mild cam sometime soon. The LS1 might have piston slap right now. But since I changed all the value springs again last month, it still sings at the rev limiter and still pulls pretty well. :D

J_Dub
Hard Yaka

Postby J_Dub » Tue May 25, 2010 8:53 pm

could be worse..
spare a thought for those with a 3y :(

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:16 pm

J_Dub wrote:could be worse..
spare a thought for those with a 3y :(

getting a little side tracked but I hear ya.
The stock 2F motor wasn't much better. Lots of torque when fresh but the weight is huge.
So when you pay over $16k for a alloy V8 repower, you expect it to perform.

NJV6
Hard Yaka

Postby NJV6 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:41 pm

Why did you do valve springs again? i remmeber you doing them a year or so ago and rating it pretty good.

Why is the 6.0 not up to spec tune wise? Surely there is someone in Chch with the ability to tune it....
SWB V6 Paj with one or two mods ;)

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:35 am

NJV6 wrote:Why did you do valve springs again? i remmeber you doing them a year or so ago and rating it pretty good.

Why is the 6.0 not up to spec tune wise? Surely there is someone in Chch with the ability to tune it....

The dual VCM springs in the 40 didn't stay strong. VCM have gone away from the dual spring and gone back to the single one (so I'm told). I think they had to many failures. Not sure. But the new set that are in there now didn't cost me anything. I was lucky I didn't lunch the engine with the last set. :roll:

The 6L. Hmmm
Well, cause it has a 3/4 race cam and a couple of other internal goodies. It's been a handful for the local guy to tune. Each time he's had it on the dyno (3 or 4 times I forget now) he's always brought help down from up north. But they don't just dyno my car when this guy comes down. They do a few at the same time. To cover his costs i guess. But it's still not right. At 60k's it still surges. At first i was told, "back lash in the drivetrain". So I had new diff/axles/UJ's installed. Problem was still there. Mate when I found THAT out, on the day I was rope-able :twisted:
Out of three or four times when I've been handed the car back after a tune. One time it hardly surged at all, but the horses were lacking. :roll: Now I got the horses back, it surges. It's all down to the tune... (So I'm told from people in the US n Aussy)
You CAN have no surging AND horses. Turbo Killer Cams or TKM in Aussy say so. So do a tunning crowd I'm in touch with in the States.

I was looking at changing the rom chip in the delphi ecu to the, "Road Runner" software package that enable you get get a tune done, "on the fly". But no one in NZ has installed one yet. So I'm waiting for someone else to go there first. That system sounds like the bees kness. :mrgreen:

I was talking to the guys at NZEFI here in Chch asking if they were keen to have a go tuning the 6L. They were the ones that told me about the Road Runner package. They said that if that package was installed, they would defiantly be keen to tune it. Those fellas tune lots of drift cars. They know their shite.

The only other place I'd get my car tuned (as is) would be a crowd up in Welly. No one here in Chch is up to speed on tuning something like mine. I've search high and low...Sad really. :?

Return to “Videos - Non 4wd Related”