ORE good publicity ideas?

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Re: ORE good publicity ideas?

Postby petefj40 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:27 pm

timotheus wrote:I dont recall specifics but I think an ORE sticker was refered too and a comment made about organising reckless endeavours online.

Hope your day is a better one tomorrow Tim. :roll:

But what you've pointed out has already been thrashed out in other threads.

This one stands alone.

Have a good weekend.

flyingbrick
Hard Yaka

Postby flyingbrick » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:22 pm

timotheus wrote:Without digging too much on what your all doing and saying but wasnt this covered ad nauseum a while back when some one a little less reponsible got in to trouble and the media jumped on it?

I dont recall specifics but I think an ORE sticker was refered too and a comment made about organising reckless endeavours online.

I have had a bad day. Dont take this the wrong way. Your enthusiam to push the brand physically is great. But it cant be strictly controlled once its in the public domain.

Im all for ORE publishing vids and commentry re: 4wding. Facepage and Youpube are great. They can be manipulated.

I also think that reputable people can leverage off thier own prowess too (thats you Pete). But not people of ill repute. Celebrity endorsement if you like.

####. Wheres a beer?

Im only saying this because I genuinely care. I have deleted and re-typed this post a few times thinking 'I dont need to say this, its not in my best interest'. But a lot of things arnt. I do this for a living (in between other shit) and am confident in what I've said.

Tim.

Have you had a few beers already? If indeed there was a point to your post- I'm totally missing it.

-Nathan
phone Ross Bolus (secretary of the BOP club) He'll save you.

timotheus
Hard Yaka

Postby timotheus » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:04 pm

flyingbrick wrote:Have you had a few beers already? If indeed there was a point to your post- I'm totally missing it.

-Nathan

Take it as you see it.

Maybe this helps. Some doosh with an ORE sticker does something stupid (dies, kills someone else, drives in a reserve, shit, pretty much everything 4wd related is seen as immoral). Photos make the papers and people unexplicably link the two.
It has happened right?
Will it again?
Not without stickers.

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:17 pm

flyingbrick wrote:
timotheus wrote:Without digging too much on what your all doing and saying but wasnt this covered ad nauseum a while back when some one a little less reponsible got in to trouble and the media jumped on it?

I dont recall specifics but I think an ORE sticker was refered too and a comment made about organising reckless endeavours online.

I have had a bad day. Dont take this the wrong way. Your enthusiam to push the brand physically is great. But it cant be strictly controlled once its in the public domain.

Im all for ORE publishing vids and commentry re: 4wding. Facepage and Youpube are great. They can be manipulated.

I also think that reputable people can leverage off thier own prowess too (thats you Pete). But not people of ill repute. Celebrity endorsement if you like.

####. Wheres a beer?

Im only saying this because I genuinely care. I have deleted and re-typed this post a few times thinking 'I dont need to say this, its not in my best interest'. But a lot of things arnt. I do this for a living (in between other shit) and am confident in what I've said.

Tim.

Have you had a few beers already? If indeed there was a point to your post- I'm totally missing it.

-Nathan

I'm with you Nathan.
But i wanna keep an open mind to Tims view. Just, he's brought up things that have already been thrashed out in the ORE forum before. :?

This thread started with the subject field reading, "ORE goog publicity ideas".

Nothing has changed fellas.

So if you have something positive that hasn't been thrashed out before to HELP the cause PLEASE add to the thread.

But hey Tim. I've had bad days, like the other day I rolled my ankle but I didn't try to put a negative spin on something positive.

Come one guys.
We can think of good stuff to put this site on the map in a POSITIVE FASHION???

flyingbrick
Hard Yaka

Postby flyingbrick » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:36 am

what if we were to organize a charity run for each island sometime next year. Each truck entered could pay in $30 and then each passenger could pay $20 and we could go for a trip someplace easy but fun (like up to the top of thompsons) and have a BBQ up there and/or park up in a line outside some shopping complexes with signs asking for donations to XXX charity and at the same time hand out fliers about the club.

you fullas 4wd's get alot of attention anywhere they go- would be great at soemthing like this.
phone Ross Bolus (secretary of the BOP club) He'll save you.

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:44 am

Brilliant idea!!

Count me in. I'll be a starter. :wink: :mrgreen:

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Cheers Jerry.
Got me new sticker on today. :mrgreen: