Kiwi 4x4 Members and potential members

nstacey
Hard Yaka

Re: Kiwi 4x4 Members and potential members

Postby nstacey » Mon May 07, 2012 9:49 pm

I am a current member. I will attend regular meetings. Having regular meetings does not need to stop Kiwi being a national club though.
85 Hilux single cab
02 Grand Vitara

SV1K
Site Admin

Postby SV1K » Mon May 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Smurf wrote:What positions are currently vacant Reece?

Looking into this, will let you all know tomorrow night.

Cheers
Reece

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Mon May 07, 2012 10:04 pm

nstacey wrote:I am a current member. I will attend regular meetings. Having regular meetings does not need to stop Kiwi being a national club though.

you stole that off me thats exactually what I was thinking :shock:

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Postby Smurf » Mon May 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Sadam_Husain wrote:
nstacey wrote:I am a current member. I will attend regular meetings. Having regular meetings does not need to stop Kiwi being a national club though.

you stole that off me thats exactually what I was thinking :shock:

agree completely

possum70
It was a Ford Hilux I think?

Postby possum70 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:40 pm

i'm now a member of kiwi and am willing to help out as well as even join the committee

i have only ever been in one other club and that is a matter of having to the in house fighting and special friends is why i said i would never join a club again.......
when i was looking into kiwi i was told "it's not what the club can do for you but what can you do for the club" in my eyes thats what turned me around.

i'm not the best at putting fingers to key pads or pen to paper but i hope you can get the gist of what i'm saying..... i hope
Intelligence is like a four-wheel drive. It allows you to get stuck in more remote places.

Rattley old Hilux !!!!
V8 Cruisers Rule!!!!

SV1K
Site Admin

Postby SV1K » Tue May 08, 2012 6:22 pm

Right, the Executive Roles are:

:arrow: President - Reece
:arrow: Vice President - Vacant
:arrow: Secretary - Mark (Skid)
:arrow: Treasurer - Bob
:arrow: Membership Officer - Bob
:arrow: Newsletter Editor - Vacant

The AGM is coming up soon and we will need to voted on as well.

Cheers
Reece

pruggerdore
Hard Yaka

Postby pruggerdore » Tue May 08, 2012 6:38 pm

why cant kiwi remain country wide based out of wellington.
Im a member of a hawkesbay club and like most dont need to be part of another club, however the option of an alternative avenue to run trips from has appeal. been meaning to join kiwi and this may be the prompting I need and will bring a couple others with me. if trips were promoted on mainstream ORE them maybe more trips would happen and people travell further to do it.
Could this thread become a recruitment/revival of kiwi. I understand the need for kiwi to be a separate entity to ore but if its trips/activities were doubled on here things may happen and more ore'ers become involved. A lot of the newer orer's would'nt even know wat kiwi is or how it works.
can I suggest all those that would join if it stays speak up now.
And could someone that knows explain how the system works for insurance etc. the association to NZ4WDA.
I after being on ore for years only learnt of kiwi from other kiwi previous members and messaged bob packard to get details.
Be sad to see it die. Lets revive it. cause traditional clubs really sux sometimes

Mudde1
Hard Yaka

Postby Mudde1 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:23 pm

pruggerdore wrote:why cant kiwi remain country wide based out of wellington.

And could someone that knows explain how the system works for insurance etc. the association to NZ4WDA.

in brief, The insurance provided by NZFWDA is to cover clubs and club officials on official club trips. It covers liability that a club may have in the event of forest fires or other events, which could be substantial.
it covers the costs of legal defense if legal action is taken against a club or club members acting on behalf of the club. this has not happened to any of our members, but has happened in other sports (who did not have this cover) and has resulted in massive legal costs to the persons concerned. It only covers events that are "club Trips' and will not cover events that are not formal club events
There will be a detailed presentation on insurance at the upcoming national conference.

Why cant kiwi remain country wide based out of wellington.?
There are some fish hooks in this for NZFWDA in relation to voting rights, zone funding etc as this arrangement is not allowed for in our constitution, However I think that those problems can be worked through.
Tony Burgess
President NZFWDA.
Tony.

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Tue May 08, 2012 7:49 pm

I have been involved with club insurance and the bottom line is that every individual has to have substantial private 3 party cover .

On a club trip, club insurance only pays out if a fire or whatever can't be proved to have been started by an individual on the trip so it is only a backup and that is why there has never been a payout.

The forestry in Nelson has very strict rules for entering there forests with regard to spades, Boots, Fire extinguishers, Spark arresters etc

Cheers Richard
Never say die, up man and try

Moriarty
Hard Yaka

Postby Moriarty » Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 pm

ts all been said before.... But for them what are not up with the background....

this club was started by a bunch of enthusiasts some, like me, who were/are misfits in the orthodox club scene, who saw the need for a NATIONAL 4WD club. One that didn't have all the bullshit of in-house fighting and duck-shoving by groups of members with their own axe to grind.

I could list those members, and will mention, in no particular order, Leithfeild, WJW, Mike Stent, Mark P, Dieselboy.... not to say that THEY are misfits, but they saw that need for a club to cater to those who don't want to be part of that orthodoxy.

With Kiwi4x4, you can have your affiliation with NZFWDA, current fees are $50 per year, $30 of which go to the NZFWDA.

For those who say they have recently joined Kiwi4x4, you MUST create a user-name, and I suggest that its the same as your ORE user-name,, and pay you membership fees into our club account. THAT can be found by PM'ing me, I am reluctant to publish that in such a widely read forum as this.

Once I see that deposit, I will then activate your account.

Now for the bad news.... technically, a prospective member should have a sponsor and seconder, this is because we had some trouble a year or four ago, and we put this in place so we had the legal right to vet prospects. We haven't had to do this yet, since "the Troubles".

I now live in the 'Naki, Okato, and will join a club up here, BUT I will maintain KIWI as my parent club, I have invested years since inception and have no wish to see it fold, or just become yet another regional club.

We do have representation with NZFWDA, b ut to have THAT voice heard, we need people all over the country who are prepared to stand up and be counted.

regards etc......

kbjj
Sausage Shack

Postby kbjj » Tue May 08, 2012 8:54 pm

pruggerdore wrote:why cant kiwi remain country wide based out of wellington ...edit... if trips were promoted on mainstream ORE then maybe more trips would happen and people may travel further to do it ...edit... Could this thread become a recruitment/revival of kiwi ...edit... can I suggest all those that would join if it stays speak up now ...edit...
Be sad to see it die. Lets revive it. cause traditional clubs really sux sometimes

I'm keen to become a "national" member, if they'll let me join :D
If you break it... build it stronger.

Moriarty
Hard Yaka

Postby Moriarty » Tue May 08, 2012 9:03 pm

kbjj wrote:
pruggerdore wrote:why cant kiwi remain country wide based out of wellington ...edit... if trips were promoted on mainstream ORE then maybe more trips would happen and people may travel further to do it ...edit... Could this thread become a recruitment/revival of kiwi ...edit... can I suggest all those that would join if it stays speak up now ...edit...

I'm keen to become a "national" member, if they'll let me join :D

Its easy, go to the Kiwi website, and fill out an application, create your account etc, filling out ALL the details, and I will get back to you with bank stuff, pays yer money, and your membership will then be "activated" and you are IN, with a provisional membership.

Why the provisional? read my previous post!! LOL this gives us both, the Club and YOU the chance to walk away from each other, with no recriminations. Once again, see my previous post.

SV1K
Site Admin

Postby SV1K » Tue May 08, 2012 9:11 pm

Moriarty wrote:With Kiwi4x4, you can have your affiliation with NZFWDA, current fees are $50 per year, $30 of which go to the NZFWDA.

For those who say they have recently joined Kiwi4x4, you MUST create a user-name, and I suggest that its the same as your ORE user-name,, and pay you membership fees into our club account. THAT can be found by PM'ing me, I am reluctant to publish that in such a widely read forum as this.

Now for the bad news.... technically, a prospective member should have a sponsor and seconder, this is because we had some trouble a year or four ago, and we put this in place so we had the legal right to vet prospects. We haven't had to do this yet, since "the Troubles".

I have two payments here and they will be put in the bank account when I can walk that far...

As for the sponsor part, there are a couple that I will be sponsoring as I have told them to use my name.

It is a little hard for the South Island people to have a sponsor, but I have met the ones that are showing interest and I am happy to sponsor them, KBJJ is one and Blair_ (both ORE names) are the ones I know and have met.

Reece

Moriarty
Hard Yaka

Postby Moriarty » Tue May 08, 2012 9:14 pm

suzuki1k wrote:
Moriarty wrote:With Kiwi4x4, you can have your affiliation with NZFWDA, current fees are $50 per year, $30 of which go to the NZFWDA.

I have two payments here and they will be put in the bank account when I can walk that far...

As for the sponsor part, there are a couple that I will be sponsoring as I have told them to use my name.

It is a little hard for the South Island people to have a sponsor, but I have met the ones that are showing interest and I am happy to sponsor them, KBJJ is one and Blair_ (both ORE names) are the ones I know and have met.

Reece

Paid my ORE account....

You know the reason I mentioned the need for sponsorship and the right to vet etc. I dont wish to go any deeper into THAT again, here, hopefully that need will never arise again.

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Postby Smurf » Tue May 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Do I need a sponsor if I am rejoining?

Beer_Cruiser
Hard Yaka

Postby Beer_Cruiser » Tue May 08, 2012 9:17 pm

I dont think any one wants to stop Kiwi being a National club.
We (well 2 or 3 of us that have had a chat) want to get together and have a beer every month.
We think that we may be able to get a few more trips going if we meet face to face rather than through the key board.
Malcolm

Moriarty
Hard Yaka

Postby Moriarty » Tue May 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Smurf wrote:Do I need a sponsor if I am rejoining?

No, for you are well known.

Weemsy
Hard Yaka

Postby Weemsy » Tue May 08, 2012 9:32 pm

I am a previous Kiwi4x4 member & the few kiwi4x4 runs i did were great, both for meeting some of you guys from outside the hb clubs & the lack of bullshit involved with doing a regional club run.

Myself, Pruggerdore, De-Ranged to name but a few have been talking about clubs & their good and bad points recently & all agreed that kiwi4x4 was probably the go for us, although some of us may continue with the local clubs as well.

It would be a shame for it to go to a Wellington club, saying that though, the meetings/agm etc need to be done in person i feel, so maybe the 'nerve-centre' could be in Wellington? I know having committee members from all over the place didnt really work last time (i am good mates with a previous committee member). It would be good to be kept informed on any descisions made at meetings etc, maybe by email, rather than logging on to kiwi4x4?

I will rejoin kiwi4x4 if it stays as a national club, and hopefully get out to runs a bit further afield.

my 2c

weemsy
Its better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Wed May 09, 2012 8:56 pm

righto

been chatting to Reece tonight about Kiwi and direction etc etc

we're doing this

monthly face to face club meetings to be held at the Station Cafe in the Station Village Complex on Hutt Road, Lower Hutt

meetings will be held at 7.30pm on the 1st wednesday of the month

the kitchen is open on wednesday nights and they do a good feed with a range of burgers as well as mixed grills and big breakfast style meals etc etc

The 1st actual meeting is planned for 4th July and this will infact be the AGM and as such, there will be notice of this in here and on the http://www.kiwi4x4.org.nz

now for the good bit, even though this club is now going to have monthly meetings in the Wellington Region it will still be a National Club as such and members from other regions will still be encouraged to remain

I certainly hope that those members from other areas can run trips in their region that other members can attend and generally see more of our awesome country
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

pruggerdore
Hard Yaka

Postby pruggerdore » Wed May 09, 2012 9:11 pm

excellent good sirs, i sense a road trip too the agm to pay our subs :!: :lol: a 5 hour drive so make sure its a good meeting/party :twisted: strippers etc be good :wink: :wink: :wink:

Weemsy
Hard Yaka

Postby Weemsy » Thu May 10, 2012 6:54 am

is the date for the agm set in stone?

if so i will put in a couple days holiday & come down with pruggerdore.

can prob get a couple others from the area to come too.

do we need to rejoin beforehand to be able to vote etc? or can we do it on the night?

who will sponsor us to become members again?

weemsy
Its better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

GotFlex
Hard Yaka

Postby GotFlex » Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 am

id be keen to come with you guys
SASed Isuzu Mu - hilux diffs, Rears up front, disc brake conversion, ifs hub swap, crossover steering, and legal!!!!

Moriarty
Hard Yaka

Postby Moriarty » Thu May 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Weemsy wrote:is the date for the agm set in stone?

if so i will put in a couple days holiday & come down with pruggerdore.

do we need to rejoin beforehand to be able to vote etc? or can we do it on the night?

who will sponsor us to become members again?

weemsy

You have been a member, you seem to be a fairly decent sort of feller, got some weird mates though and worse taste in beer..... if you pay NOW, I will re.activate your account and extend the expiry date to end 1 july 2013 Thus giving you a couple of months free. Totally unconstitutional, of course, but we have been doing it for a few years now.

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Fri May 11, 2012 8:33 am

As a weird mate I have no taste in beer.... you old hold out geeesh your worse than some of my clients how many yrs have you owed me that bottle hmmm now lets see at 10% compounding (standard buisness practise :wink: ) lol this could be a real interesting AGM, might have to make this a roady :lol:

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Fri May 11, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm keen to renew my membership, I actually did try earlier in the year but as always I left it to the last minute and joined *cough* 4x4challenges *cough* out of desperation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I'm going to be a member of a club, it will be Kiwi4x4 without hesitation. I have tried the local club scene for a few years again and it just didn't work. I think I went on one club trip and a hand full of fun rally's in three years :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember the days of online monthly club meetings on MSN messenger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Fri May 11, 2012 5:58 pm

DieselBoy wrote:I'm keen to renew my membership,

sweeeeeet I vote DB for trip organisor north of the big lake in the centre of the north island

oh hell, I vote DB for trip organisor fullstop :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

Moriarty
Hard Yaka

Postby Moriarty » Fri May 11, 2012 6:17 pm

De-Ranged wrote:As a weird mate I have no taste in beer.... you old hold out geeesh your worse than some of my clients how many yrs have you owed me that bottle hmmm now lets see at 10% compounding (standard buisness practise :wink: ) lol this could be a real interesting AGM, might have to make this a roady :lol:

Fark, I had forgotten that, it would be the best part of a barrel by now!! Its only 6 years, Reece!!! I may buy us a bottle of Haigs if you come down for QBW.... Plenty of sleeping room, if you get there early.

general notice,
you all know me, I am far too MEAN and TIGHTFISTED to shout whiskey to all your bloody freeloading bludgers!!

Weemsy
Hard Yaka

Postby Weemsy » Sat May 12, 2012 7:49 am

its all good bob, we will see you at the AGM & Reece said if he cant make it you should just give the barrel of beer to me :P

UBZ
Hard Yaka

Postby UBZ » Sat May 12, 2012 9:25 am

skid wrote:
DieselBoy wrote:I'm keen to renew my membership,

sweeeeeet I vote DB for trip organisor north of the big lake in the centre of the north island

oh hell, I vote DB for trip organisor fullstop :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

haha , you sure you wouldn't get bored with us just dordling about, looking for old rusty shit to check out 8)
LR110 ..... LJ50 project :roll:
Chris.

Moriarty
Hard Yaka

Postby Moriarty » Sat May 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Weemsy wrote:its all good bob, we will see you at the AGM & Reece said if he cant make it you should just give the barrel of beer to me :P

Weemsy, Theres something wrong with your statement!! I just cant see Reece saying something like that, you SURE you ain't pulling my leg just a little bit?

Dunno if I can make the AGM but will try..... Address is now Okato.

Return to “Feedback”