Rangitata info

muddyplumber
Spring Free

Rangitata info

Postby muddyplumber » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Has anyone got gps marks for the track up the Rangitata, im lead to believe there are a couple of huts up there
Cheers Rich
BJ70 13bt creepys,beadlocks n not a straight panel

KIWI_TERRANO
Hard Yaka

Re: Rangitata info

Postby KIWI_TERRANO » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:43 pm

What river you want to know about? Clyd or havelock? Rangi ends before end of road... Know the area like back of hand, not sure if i have gps points on phone or new gos tho

muddyplumber
Spring Free

Postby muddyplumber » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:23 pm

Im just trying to plan a trip for 2 weeks time, bit of an explore for the weekend and heard there's a couple of huts up that way?
BJ70 13bt creepys,beadlocks n not a straight panel

KIWI_TERRANO
Hard Yaka

Postby KIWI_TERRANO » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:19 pm

There a few huts, if your going in erewhon sude ring colin and tell him your plans, if rangitata is over 115 on ecan dont head up.

When u get into clyde river you can swap onto south bank (true right) there a bulldozer track that goes up then crosses back to lawarence, then carrys on up lawerance, there 1 doc huts and one private and a doc biv up there, if your taking the landy you could probably get in watchdog hut in clyde, you will have to cross river like going to lawerance then turn left and head up stream usually vehicle tracks to follow up to where to cross back to watch dog, when i say bulldozed tracks it has been but a good 10year ago.

Havelock is full of tracks and huts havent spent as much time in there,

Give me a pm if you want some more details and maps

Return to “Trip Reports, Trail Reviews, Reports and Information”