Tracks around Hamilton?

pmfg
Bush Crasher

Tracks around Hamilton?

Postby pmfg » Wed May 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering since Thompsons is poked currently, if anyone knew of some nice easy tracks like thompsons around Hamilton that could be done on a 2 inch lifted Jeep wrangler with 32" tires.

I was hoping to take my mate out tomorrow or Friday and since I'll be a solo vehicle I dont really want to risk big muddy bog hole style tracks.

wopass
Hard Yaka

Re: Tracks around Hamilton?

Postby wopass » Wed May 27, 2015 4:35 pm

pmfg wrote:Hi everyone,

I was wondering since Thompsons is poked currently, if anyone knew of some nice easy tracks like thompsons around Hamilton that could be done on a 2 inch lifted Jeep wrangler with 32" tires.

I was hoping to take my mate out tomorrow or Friday and since I'll be a solo vehicle I dont really want to risk big muddy bog hole style tracks.

just off the main raglan road is old mountain road, would be a good track for the Jeep, my mum did it a few weeks ago in her corolla so should test the jeeps ability without too much damage...

:mrgreen:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

pmfg
Bush Crasher

Postby pmfg » Thu May 28, 2015 3:21 am

Thanks for the reply Mr wopass, but i was sort of looking for something a smidge more offroady than a gravel road.

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Thu May 28, 2015 11:01 am

Go for a drive to Pureora Forest, and head into the Ngaroma block??
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Sat May 30, 2015 9:54 pm

What he said. Ngaroma is good for a hoon round with plenty of cool stuff to cater for all levels. Or join Waikato club to get access to their play grounds. Or join cozzie club wheelers and get out with them.

Many options there

:mrgreen:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

pmfg
Bush Crasher

Postby pmfg » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:41 am

I'm trying to get into the cozy club wheelers. But its proving harder than expected. The require me to go out with them twice before I can join, but they hardly ever seem to go out. At least judging from their emails that I'm part of.

RubiconDom
Stropper

Postby RubiconDom » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:08 pm

Hey PMFG - Dom here from Cozzie Four Wheelers - we have trips at least a couple of times a month. It's been tricky lately with a lot of the local tracks closed (Stadia, Maratoto, Waitawheta, Thompsons, etc, etc). We had a day trip last weekend that you would have been welcome to come on, we have a camp out weekend 13/14th of next month, and will probably have a day trip this coming weekend.
You're welcome to come along to a club meeting or just drop in and say hi. Give me a call/TXT/email - contact details on the association website etc,
Cheers
Dom

RubiconDom
Stropper

Postby RubiconDom » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:12 am

Ok, firmed up this morning - club fun day at Glen Massey Sunday 7th June.
Let me know if you wanna tag along

Return to “Trip Reports, Trail Reviews, Reports and Information”