video Camera Security

Moderator: Vendors

mike
Last minute Mike

video Camera Security

Postby mike » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Stinkys work neighbor is getting his car vandalised so stinky asked me to get a camera in and see if it would do the job. I havnt tested it outside or at night yet but so far it does this which is awesome!!

Connects to your wireless internet, then detects motion and emails you with photos of what caused or is causing the motion!!! also has alarm triggers so when the motion is detected can sound an alarm.

Can ftp images up onto a remote server so the crims cant take the footage.

When you get the email you can log in from work and watch live footage of your house and record it through the web browser!!!!! or just log in and watch it anytime!

its such a cheap alarm/surveillance system i'm keeping this one :wink:

http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/marketp ... ght-vision

1973 SWB Land Rover V8 Hybrid
1994 Toyota Surf

tweake
Hard Yaka

Re: video Camera Security

Postby tweake » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:57 pm

Sensor: 1/4 inch CMOS
- Horizontal Definition: 380 TV Lines

frigen crap i'll bet. my reversing camera is higher spec than that.

got any pics or more importantly video, especially under changing light ??

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Yeah its definitely not high def video thats for sure. But for something that can do all what ive listed and more (can connect straight to adsl as well + other stuff) its pretty friggen good. Night is pretty amazing, makes a black room normalish. I guess its a tradeoff with quality of video and the storage of video. It has scheduling for motion detecting so you can turn it on and off on certain days, and I think the videoing as well which is pretty cool. I'll get some video footage up soon.
1994 Toyota Surf

vvega
Hard Yaka

Postby vvega » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:36 pm

can you upgrade the cmos to a better one... ?
Kiwi4x4

tweake
Hard Yaka

Postby tweake » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:14 am

vvega wrote:can you upgrade the cmos to a better one... ?

yeah throw it out and buy a new one :twisted:

mike wrote: I guess its a tradeoff with quality of video and the storage of video

thats not really a problem these days. storage really is only an issue when you start getting into huge number of cameras or megapixel cameras.

those cheap cmos are ok if the light doesn't change to rapidly and its fairly even light. low res is not bad if you have a small area. so still quite suitable for something like a doorway, or a hallway where subject is forced to walk in a set area.

don't forget camera systems are pointless if they can't identify the person and with budget cameras they have to be close.

i'm not a big fan of wireless cameras. you have to wire up power to them anyway so its not a problem to run a video cable. wireless also can cop interference as a lot of other devices use that same frequency ie you can end up recording your neighbours reversing camera, baby monitor etc.
i see you can wire cat5 to that camera so you don't need a wireless receiver. being IP you don't need to buy a separate DVR card, so it make for a simple install.

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:39 am

yeah you can put the cat5 on to it as well. it can act like an adsl modem, it has support for dynamic dns as well. I have fixed IP so don't need to use that. Wife got up this morning and i got emailed with pictures :mrgreen: so I logged in from work and watched her walking around. I guess an advantage of the lower res is its not so bandwidth intensive so I won't chew out my cap spying on my wife :twisted:
1994 Toyota Surf

lilpigzuk
Tiger Balm

Postby lilpigzuk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:30 am

mike wrote:. Wife got up this morning and i got emailed with pictures :mrgreen: so I logged in from work and watched her walking around. I guess an advantage of the lower res is its not so bandwidth intensive so I won't chew out my cap spying on my wife :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SOLD :mrgreen:

tweake
Hard Yaka

Postby tweake » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:14 pm

mike wrote:yeah you can put the cat5 on to it as well. it can act like an adsl modem, it has support for dynamic dns as well. I have fixed IP so don't need to use that. Wife got up this morning and i got emailed with pictures :mrgreen: so I logged in from work and watched her walking around. I guess an advantage of the lower res is its not so bandwidth intensive so I won't chew out my cap spying on my wife :twisted:

need hidden cam version :wink: :lol:

just wind down the fps, that will save lots of bandwidth, you don't need 100fps, 10fps is ample. you could get away with 2-4fps

MarkDonovan
Stropper

Postby MarkDonovan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:48 am

If any of you have Macs, check out www.securityspy.com

You can feed it just about any camera, and it will do wonders.

williamhamilton
Hard Yaka

Postby williamhamilton » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:36 pm

MarkDonovan wrote:If any of you have Macs, check out http://www.securityspy.com

Any of you Linux folk check out... http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome :)

Sorry.. hard to resist :)

W

Return to “Electronics”