Newbie with a Taiga!

Nachoooo
Driver/Navigator

Newbie with a Taiga!

Postby Nachoooo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd introduce myself. Located in Wanaka and fortunately live on 37 acres of freedom. Even better, we have direct access to the Cardrona river, our main weekend playground. I currently have a 1991 Lada Taiga, 90% stock at the mo. All I have done is larger shackles at the rear, and a largely custom snorkel. Made out of garden drainage pipe with three layers of duct tape and an extension of 40mm pipe haha. Future mods are taller springs up front, wider Suzuki rims with decent muddies, dual electric fans and maybe a weber carb.

kbjj
Sausage Shack

Re: Newbie with a Taiga!

Postby kbjj » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:57 pm

Welcome aboard, lovely piece of country side down there. I use to holiday with my parents down central way, and have fond memorys of that area. Arghhhh.... the mods have begun
Jeremy
If you break it... build it stronger.

cbfb
Hard Yaka

Postby cbfb » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:07 am

Used to live in Wanaka myself, such an amazing place and people. I miss it badly :( How long have you had the Lada? Used to see a few cruising around but that was going back about 3 years.

SP450andLE
Hard Yaka

Postby SP450andLE » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:15 pm

Welcome! There are some good Lada guys on here.

It'll be good to see you progress with your Ute, I have always liked the Taigas :mrgreen:
tomsoffroad wrote:None of us know what we are doing really. But thats how you get experience.

Nachoooo
Driver/Navigator

Postby Nachoooo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:35 pm

Sure is wonderful, lucky to be here I think :D Certainly have, many more on the way to! And the dreams and ridiculous thoughts to haha.

It's been passed through the family I believe. My Grandfather bought it new in '91 and he used it on our farm (at that stage 110 acres) Then about 5 years ago we subdivided the land and we got the Taiga and a Tractor. And since then Dad's used it on our patch of land. However it has been sitting in the shed for about a year now, unused. So a mate and I went out, got it started and started driving it round. So I've sorta claimed it from Dad haha.

Thanks for that, progress is probably gonna be pretty slow, but I'll get there :D
Unfortunately last weekend I broke the front left CV so its been sitting by the shed for a week now. Gonna get a trailer and tow it to the mechanics tomorrow for some TLC :D

Return to “Lada”