A442f trans temp

pudd99
Driver/Navigator

A442f trans temp

Postby pudd99 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:46 am

Anyone got any info/pics or direction into where to put the auberins temp sensor in their gbox?
Cheers
Beer is not the answer... beer is the question, yes is the answer

BlakeNZ
Hard Yaka

Re: A442f trans temp

Postby BlakeNZ » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:30 pm

two places are the best options in my experience. I've run a lot of high stall convertors in drag toyota autos, so like to keep my finger on the pulse. Naturally my 4wd has a trans temp gauge also.
The quickest is to adapt the sensor into a brass tee that you install in the line that goes TO the trans cooler, so you see the max temp that the trans sees before you start cooling it.
The other option is in the trans pan. You drain the fluid, then remove the tin pan, and braze the fitting on to it in a suitable spot. The spot has to be chosen carefully , so that probe does not foul on valve body parts. It also has to be away from where the cooled trans fluid returns to the tin sump pan, so you don't get a falsely low reading.

BlakeNZ
Hard Yaka

Re: A442f trans temp

Postby BlakeNZ » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:54 am

also be aware that virtually no one in NZ can provide you with a trans temp gauge in degrees C, they all seem to be in Farenheit (unless you have one imported). So the quick/simple solution is to use a oil temp gauge, and put a little "TRANS" sticker on it.
But that bit of info doesn't apply to you directly, as you are using the Auberin gauge.

Return to “Toyota”